Little help needed

Heading over to Destin 19-22 with the family. Any info on fishing from the shore or the like is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,038 Moderator
    I imagine the Pompano bite will be pretty good. Redfish. Bring.a gotcha plug.and.do some blind casting.... Spanish might be.around. Soak a live.bait in.trough... Could luck.up on.a Cobia. Sheepshead if you can find structure near open water by foot.

Lots of possibilities.

I'd bring.an.assortment of rods and tackle, then hit up a tackle.shop for.advice ASAP upon arrival.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Stop by Half Hitch in Destin, North side of 98 between Beach and Benning St. They might get you in the right direction.

Sorry not much more help, don't really beach fish. Water is still chilly and has been rough last few days. Bring a sand flea rake if you have one. Probably best bet for pomps and the kids will do all the work for you gathering them.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    For catching pomps off the beach try to fish the incoming tides which looks to be running from fist light till noon. Good luck and we'll be looking for a report! :cool: