Turdship Enterprise

It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,929 Captain
    I'm half tempted to buy it. I saw it kicking around over the summer out at Steinhatchee and Cedar Key. I don't think it was any speed machine but I saw it being fished regularly. Wonder if you couldn't break the flywheel loose with some penetrating oil and a cheater bar.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,962 Moderator
    Fish Haid is probably in negotiations as we speak :grin
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,346 Admiral
    LOL!!!! He bought it for $900. Actually, it was $400 plus a beat-up old Ford Ranger. That was about 7? years ago. Without motor though. Doesn't look like he has gotten new tires or worked on trailer.

If that boat could talk! I dumped it off the trailer at high speed in front of Cypress Station one time! Another time, I let the "sober" guy drive it in CK channel. He sideswiped the steel marker (#34?) where the two channels meet. We were sinking fast! Good thing it was 1/4 mile from the dock.

Fillet & Release!!!!!!!

Let's all bombard this guy with Low-Ball offers!

xmass03-9.jpg

SBsScrew-up.jpg

GagSnap.jpg
    23895.gif
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,800 Captain
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,929 Captain
    It sounds like it's been rode hard and put away wet, and caught a lot of fish.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,952 Admiral
    You can see where Bessent swiped the marker below the name.

Man that boat caught enough fish to sink it a hundred times over.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,550 Captain
    History is a beautiful thing.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Too bad we might be moving soon. That just looks amusing as hell.
  • Capt.EdCapt.Ed Posts: 368 Deckhand
    She is still up for sale in the Gainesville area. Only $950. this bad **** boat could be yours.
    http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/4913974757.html
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,682 Captain
    Where's the picture of the ginger kid with a meat clever at on that boat? I still see that image when when I close my eyes.:rotflmao
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,734 Admiral
    I've got one of those for sale, different model bit similar look.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,346 Admiral
    Where's the picture of the ginger kid with a meat clever at on that boat? I still see that image when when I close my eyes.:rotflmao

You mean "Chuckie"? Unfortunately, he had some difficulty living in society, and is currently a guest of The State. Sad, but true.

Nick.jpg
    23895.gif
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,734 Admiral
    That is sad, hope he figures it out.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,909 Admiral
    You befriend little boys?
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Backstory on the boat?