Home General Freshwater Fishing

Suwannee Bass

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,168 AG
anyone target them?
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
    I never have but I would like to. I was talking to my buddy who has a place on the Suwannee and he says the river is VERY high right now so I would think trying for them any time soon would not be good but you never know.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,452 Officer
    Last March four of us took a trip from GA especially to catch Suwannee bass. The wind blew hard from the south all 3 days we fished. We fished the Wakulla and the Wacissa rivers and yes we all caught Suwannee bass.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,168 AG
    I targeted them for the first time last Friday afternoon with a friend. He's been doing it for years. Really fun to catch and those little buggers pull...Solid little chunks for sure. We brought home 8 and lost and threw back at least that many.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    I've found that when I bass fish the Santa Fe, (river), about half the bass I catch are Suwannee bass. Great fighters..... They seem to like the deep holes and rocks.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
    Slow today. we fished for 3 hrs and caught 5 suwannee's and 1 LM. Still had fun though.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,211 Moderator
    They are cool fish. Closest thing to smallmouths we have.
    "You'll get your weather"
    Fishing with live crawfish should almost be illegal :grin

We sight fished and picked up 10 nice ones Saturday afternoon. 13-16.5"

IMG_0276_zpsdnstnsud.jpg