I'm back (from the trip of a lifetime)

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
I'm back from a 4 day fishing trip in Guatemala, and catching up on forum posts and messages. I hope everyone has been well. I've got a full report coming up and lots of go pro footage to sift through and edit. Spoiler alert: 24 Sailfish released and one Blue Marlin!
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Nice. sounds like you had a great time.
  • NaplesOffshoreNaplesOffshore Posts: 284 Officer
    Awesome! I am excited to see the footage!
  • harrisa2006harrisa2006 Posts: 64 Deckhand
    wow lol 24 releases!?
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    wow lol 24 releases!?
    Between 3 anglers, over 3 days, yes.
    And the boat captains said the first 2 days were slow compared to their usual rate!
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    :Popcorn I'll be waiting for the vid. Sounds like you had a blast buddy.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    so not from a kayak? .. should be good none the less
    YakNPomp wrote: »
    so not from a kayak?

Not this time. I was fishing aboard 35ft Contenders and a 40ft Gamefisherman (looks like a Cabo).
    I felt very out of place as I was the second youngest angler at the lodge and keenly aware that, had I not been invited, I might not have been able to afford such a trip.

Report goes up today and video clips will be coming in as I edit them towards end of week.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,684 Captain
    jcanracer wrote: »
    Not this time. I was fishing aboard 35ft Contenders and a 40ft Gamefisherman (looks like a Cabo).
    I felt very out of place as I was the second youngest angler at the lodge and keenly aware that, had I not been invited, I might not have been able to afford such a trip.

Report goes up today and video clips will be coming in as I edit them towards end of week.

Glad to hear that you had a fun productive trip....since this is the NMZ should be looking for the posts under a different area ?
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 826 Officer
    Welcome Back! Saw the report, excuse the over used cliche but "Ephin Epic". Good for you! for some of us trips like that don't come around that often, glad you had a good time.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
    Thanks!
    There's a bit of "pics or it didn't happen" bias on this site, so I will spend a few hours tomorrow editing video footage to share with everyone.
  • WhelanWhelan Posts: 193 Deckhand
    Nice report - Looking forward to the video.
    2014 Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7 Urban Camo
    Video #1 is Dad's Marlin. this is the least edited video of the 3 I plan to put up on youtube:
    [video=youtube_share;UT8rVTYaYMI]
  • YakNPompYakNPomp Posts: 227 Deckhand
    ****... that was awesome! Now I want to book a trip there for my son some day.