2»

Replies

• Nick561Nick561 Posts: 339 Deckhand
    Dunk test. I feel pretty good about it surviving a flip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJtpp0-0Mg

5 minutes later........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6g5ux2HZGA
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    To start this off with....yes, I'm associated with YakAttack.

That said, I too am interested to see how this light works out in a kayak fishing enviroment....a "true" work-light for those that feel they need one, is a nitch that hasn't been addressed (as far as I know). I believe offering different mounting options would be a definite plus (Scotty, RAM, Attwood, ect).

The YakAttack VISICarbon Pro (& VISIPole II) is designed for those that want both a static & dynamic kayak marking set-up...with the fluorescent orange flag for daylight hours and a combination of SOLAS tape and a 2 LED (w/4 LED as an option) Tek-Tite manufactured* waterproof light for nighttime/lowlight hours.

New, quality products being offered to the kayak fishing community is always a plus for the sport........

*FWIW-
    Pottymouth- Dan misspoke, per Luther Cifers (owner/designer YakAttack), the light housing is of his design and the guts and manufacturing are all Tek-Tite.
  • BerleyProBerleyPro Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    BerleyPro USA stands behind their products.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,334 Moderator
    Competition: good.
    Torture tested gear and video reviews: better.

Lets keep it a constructive discussion everyone, there are some good points for feedback and product enhancement here, I like where this is going.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • BerleyProBerleyPro Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I must say I really do like this forum. Allot of talk but within the realm of sensible and informative. I look forward to being a part.

PS. on You Tube and other forums I am the TIG-Master
  • WhelanWhelan Posts: 193 Deckhand
    I have never fished offshore at night. Why? Because I have almost been run over during broad daylight. Numerous times. I wear a hunter orange vest and have a flag, but boaters either don't expect kayaks out in 200; aren't looking forward or just can't see the kayaks in the swells. This looks like a product that would open up more fishing opportunities. I'm looking forward to more reports.
    2014 Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7 Urban Camo
    Berleypro still going strong the next day after the dunk test.

Also getting it wired up on the yak. This wind is killin me!!!!
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    .99 cent glow stick for night fishing. There's your fix. Throw away when done. Water proof, easy to use. Doesn't break. Anddd No pro staff guys arguing about who's glow sticks are better.
    .99 cent glow stick for night fishing. There's your fix. Throw away when done. Water proof, easy to use. Doesn't break. Anddd No pro staff guys arguing about who's glow sticks are better.

I guess if your looking for a glow stick?!?! I am reviewing a work light.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    A glow stick is a form of "light" and you can use it for "work" = Work light... Just trying to help, you guys were arguing about your lights price and ability to be water proof, my suggestion to end all of the bickering was glow stick. Simple DIY solution that's efficient and cheap. If you don't feel like the small sticks produce enough "light" to work, get the bigger one for a couple bucks more, they are bright as hell and will last your entire trip.
    A glow stick is a form of "light" and you can use it for "work" = Work light... Just trying to help, you guys were arguing about your lights price and ability to be water proof, my suggestion to end all of the bickering was glow stick. Simple DIY solution that's efficient and cheap. If you don't feel like the small sticks produce enough "light" to work, get the bigger one for a couple bucks more, they are bright as hell and will last your entire trip.

ok... I appreciate your DIY approach. But i am sure that some people would be interested in a product like this and may want to be able to look up a review other then the bs "reviews" most magazines and websites do. Just a real person telling what he thinks of a product. I hope that through all the bickering and down talk on this forum that i have shown a useful product and stated a honest opinion that someone cares to read. I stated in the beginning of this tread that i was givin this light with no stipulation that i would give a good review and that if i hated it i would say so. The people that know me on this forum will vouch that i dont hide my feeling or beliefs . Im as vocal as they come. so now stay tunes for more testing
    I got the Berleypro LED light offshore today. The output is great and visibility should not be a problem for other boaters. Here's some pics.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,334 Moderator
    very bright indeed.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • 1simplemann1simplemann Posts: 200 Deckhand
    Nick561 wrote: »
    ok... I appreciate your DIY approach. But i am sure that some people would be interested in a product like this and may want to be able to look up a review other then the bs "reviews" most magazines and websites do. Just a real person telling what he thinks of a product. I hope that through all the bickering and down talk on this forum that i have shown a useful product and stated a honest opinion that someone cares to read. I stated in the beginning of this tread that i was givin this light with no stipulation that i would give a good review and that if i hated it i would say so. The people that know me on this forum will vouch that i dont hide my feeling or beliefs . Im as vocal as they come. so now stay tunes for more testing
    Can't we all just get along? LOL I like the review, now hopefully we'll see more fishing reports as well.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Very bright....and can't ask for more than that, looks perfect for loading the boat up in the dark.
  • JoeyHotFizzleJoeyHotFizzle Posts: 225 Officer
    Awesome Nick. It is indeed very bright!
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,184 Officer
    Very hi tec. Its good to see people trying to make led lights for kayaks an incandescent kills batteries to fast. Ive made about 300 lights up using the tec tite led mast light. I figured out how to get them to fit and lock into a standard scottys rod base. They run on 3aa batteries and are submersible. You can make your own up for under $50 including a flush mount scottys base. The 3aa batteries will last a year for serious fisherman and some of my customers I made them for are in their 2 and 3rd year still using the original 3aa batteries. I have a whole series of pictures on how to make your own. I look for them and post. Ive never heard of any of the lights Ive made breaking, corroding or wearing out.