Stuart/ft pierce inshore fishing?

Trying to get more into the inshore game instead of just dock lights at night. I'm in Palm beach but willing to drive to ft pierce area for a good day of inshore fishing(or even a good day of seeing fish so I know I'm in a good area). Do you guys have any tips on where to go with a decent place to launch a kayak? Also any tips on bait/lures are greatly appreciated. I've never fished for reds/trout before just happen to catch em while fishing the lights so any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 593 Officer
    Ft. Pierce to AIA, N. to Round Island park... soft plastics
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 826 Officer
    Hutchinson Island, Little Mud creek has a great launch, and just up the road is Bear Point.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,113 Officer
    Just to the south of Harbour Branch on route 1 is a park with a kayak ramp that puts you right onto the most famous redfish flats around. The park is on old Dixie highway.
  • Xentrik1Xentrik1 Posts: 102 Officer
    Barrell Is that at the intro savannas preserve in the lake there?
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,113 Officer
    No , on the other side of route 1 down on the river. Its called Wilcox park. Its just 1/4 mile south of Harbour Branch on old Dixie. It would be realy nice there on a hard offshore wind as the flat would be calm.
    Xentrik1 wrote: »
    Barrell Is that at the intro savannas preserve in the lake there?
  • Xentrik1Xentrik1 Posts: 102 Officer
    Cool thanks!