Home General Fishing

Daiwa Tancom 1000 Electric reel recomendations

Cat_SassCat_Sass Posts: 57 Deckhand
I am thinking of purchasing a Daiwa Tancom 1000 electric reel to use for a kite reel as well as a light duty deep drop reel. Has anyone owned or used one? If so, would you recommend it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" Cat Sass " Fishing Team
Sport Fishing With Attitude!

Replies

• Lucky Hook IILucky Hook II Posts: 526 Officer
    I recommend it 100%, in my opinion the Diawa TB1000 is awesome. I have used mine here is South Florida and in the Bahamas and it has worked great.
    Capt. Jorge Fernandez
    www.luckyhookcharters.com
  • XafXaf Posts: 1,105 Officer
    Same here, I use it for deep dropping and it works great. The only problem that I have had is with the cord. I broke a wire in the connector. I have heard several other people mention this issue also. I bought a replacement cord and repaired the one I had so now I have a back up if it breaks again. As I said that is the only issue I have ever had.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    I have a couple of the T1000, they are great! Worth every penny. Don't get the Bull when you can get the T1000. Same Guts.
  • WHEELSWHEELS Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I bought the T1000 last year and have used it a lot. Zero problems but I take good care of it-keep it wd-40 and don't let the terminals get
    dirty. I use 65# braid and have brought up some big unwanted sharks with no problems.