Home General Fishing

Sebastian inlet Beach fishing

I'm thinking of heading to Sebastian inlet next weekend to try some beach fishing. Anyone know what's biting?

Replies

• johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,419 Admiral
    sand gnats !! good luck out there :)
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,931 AG
    It depends on your skill level and knowledge....

Some catch Bluefish, Whiting, and Pompano

Others catch catfish.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • flagtails_jrflagtails_jr Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    It depends on your skill level and knowledge....

Some catch Bluefish, Whiting, and Pompano

Others catch catfish.....

I've been fishing for years now so it's not really a matter of experience. The reason I'm asking is because this is my first time fishing here (I live in Miami and most of my inshore fishing has been done off on the West coast) and I'm taking one of my friends who is new to fishing. by new I mean he doesn't know anything. If you don't mind me asking, what spots have been hot lately?
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    You're "heading to Sebastian Inlet... to try some beach fishing"? Can we presume you'll be on foot?
    I'm thinking of heading to Sebastian inlet next weekend to try some beach fishing. Anyone know what's biting?

When I've gone to Sebastian Inlet it has never been to "try some beach fishing" b/c there's over 150 miles of Atlantic beach that's closer.

Have always fished the inlet, mostly from the north jetty fishing pier & adjacent rocks.

Suggest instead of asking in General Fishing you try East Central section.
  • Jetex2801Jetex2801 Posts: 540 Officer
    It's been really slow over there recently, I will say that the beach can out produce the jetty on occasion. Try a variety of baits and bring some plugs. Best of luck
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,403 Captain
    I caught quite a few pompano on 1/4oz gold kastmasters this afternoon before the weather turned, but they were quite puny. Maybe 3 keepers out of 10-12 fish. Lost a decent flounder. No see ums were pretty brutal. Caught them on the outgoing switch. It's not time for plugs yet, you might luck into a redfish, but the water is about 10 degrees cooler than what's optimal for snook.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,931 AG
    You can check this site...

http://www.sebastianinletdistrict.com

If you are fishing the beach...I like the south side generally for mixed bag. There is a parking area south of the inlet most use so you don't pay park entry...there are also several beach areas north and south of the inlet such as Ambersand, Golden sands, and Bonsteel which can be good also.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Shallowminded ScoutShallowminded Scout Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Try just north accross from White's Bait and Tackle. Fishing has been great. Decent amount of reds, flounder, snook and pompano.