Looking for offshore Charter for July

I'm looking to do a red/gag grouper, red snapper trip around the second week of July with my wife and parents and was wondering if anyone knows any respectable captains in the area who enjoy these kinds of trips. Looking to do at least an 8-10 hour trip.

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,676 Moderator
    There are a number of offshore boats that run offshore for the fish you want to target. They post hear on a regular basis. You mention Red Snapper that would be a long run to in a fast boat to find the bite, if they are in season.??? Fish Tale Marina on Ft Myers Beach has a couple of fast deep water boats.
    Good luck
    larrywitt
  • frankiezfrankiez Posts: 394 Deckhand
    Where are you going to be? Ft. Myers? Naples? Sarasota? If you are going to be near Sarasota then I would recommend either Capt. Bob Breton (www.thehoghunter.com) or Joe Miller (www.fishgaloreoffshore.com). Both guys will definitely put you on the fish. I dont think red snapper will be in season at that time though.
  • lovetoshrimplovetoshrimp Posts: 285 Deckhand
    I will be in Fort Myers but we are willing to drive a ways the capt. is worth the drive. We used Capt. Greg but for about 10 years and he has been phenomenal but i'm not sure that he is still in the game. As far as the red snapper goes i was just going off the fish rules app and supposedly they are going to be in season that time of year but who knows with all the changing regulations these days :p Thanks you guys for your responses though!!
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    If you are in Sarasota I have used the Flying Fish charter service. They are great. Red Snapper might be open if they implement sector separation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndrewSAndrewS Posts: 158 Officer
    frankiez wrote: »
    Where are you going to be? Ft. Myers? Naples? Sarasota? If you are going to be near Sarasota then I would recommend either Capt. Bob Breton (www.thehoghunter.com) or Joe Miller (www.fishgaloreoffshore.com). Both guys will definitely put you on the fish. I dont think red snapper will be in season at that time though.
    X2 on Joe Miller.