Beach fishing tip for people new at beach fishing.

Posted Today, 06:30 AM

One last beach fishing tip for people new to beach fishing. Not for all the people that know all about beach fishing. You can walk the beach looking/casting for snook if you like. Most people know that. You can sit on the beach in one spot and catch a fish swimming by now and then. Them ways are not my style of fishing. OR you could look for places along the beaches that hold fish most of the time, like scattered rocks, sand bars that the wind and tides move around to different areas. That's outer sand bars, and sand bars the run from the beach out. Fish the right side with the right tide running over the sand bar and you should catch a flounder. Stay away from a nice level swimming/walking beach. I hope this helps people new to the game. If you come to Venice area to beach fish, probably best to fish Caspersen Beach this year or go to the Inglewood beaches because of beach replenishment. Good Luck. I will be checking beach reports from MD. in a few months.

Replies

• Peter JonasPeter Jonas Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the tip.
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    AndrewS wrote: »
    Posted Today, 06:30 AM

You can sit on the beach in one spot and catch a fish swimming by now and then. Them ways are not my style of fishing. OR you could look for places along the beaches that hold fish most of the time, like scattered rocks, sand bars that the wind and tides move around to different areas. That's outer sand bars, and sand bars the run from the beach out. Fish the right side with the right tide running over the sand bar and you should catch a flounder. Stay away from a nice level swimming/walking beach.

This is great advice. I've been fishing the beaches off and on for 30 years. I've always sucked at it.. basically just stand in one spot and cast, letting the bait soak. This explains why I've caught nothing but ladyfish and small sharks.

I've always wanted to be better at beach fishing, thanks for the suggestions!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndrewSAndrewS Posts: 158 Officer
    RMD wrote: »
    This is great advice. I've been fishing the beaches off and on for 30 years. I've always sucked at it.. basically just stand in one spot and cast, letting the bait soak. This explains why I've caught nothing but ladyfish and small sharks.

I've always wanted to be better at beach fishing, thanks for the suggestions!
    RDM, just remember best months IMO for beach fishing. March, April, May, best spring months. Oct, Nov, Dec, best fall/winter months.