Home General Fishing

My newly purchased used boat

GhostmanGhostman Posts: 82 Deckhand
It was a long 8 years but i'm finally back on the water. She's a 2004 Pathfinder 2200v with 200 hp Yamaha V-max with only 69 hours. As it turns out the previous owner was an attorney who thought he wanted a bay boat and ended up not liking it. So it sat under cover in a car port for the better part of 10 years with virtually no use. The print out shows about 70% of it's hours were at idle. She just had $4,000 worth of work to get it in sellable shape including a significant fuel system work over. I'm having the dealer add a couple things this week and I pick her up Saturday. To say i'm excited is the understatement of the year. I'll post more pics when I clean her up some more and add a few planned mods.
"Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Come Hell or High Water"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• linesider 159linesider 159 Posts: 828 Officer
    Nice! Before you take it out make sure all filters were done.including the micro ones, and also that injectors were cleaned and flow tested. Use a large dose of sea foam in first tank and act like you are breaking in motor for are little bit. Like dead idle in gear for a few minutes then raise to fast idle for a few more minutes then hope on plane and do an easy cruise. After a bit drop down to idle to listen for anything. If normal go for some hard wot runs.
    2016 Sterling 220XS (SOLD), see build thread here: Here
    2005 Lake and Bay Backwater (SOLD)
    Current Boats: 2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    gCFWQPq.jpg?1
  • GhostmanGhostman Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Thanks for the tips
    "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Come Hell or High Water"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Nice boat! Congrats and best of luck with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,961 Captain
    I love those Pathy 22s, very nice rig.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Beautiful boat! You must be psyched!
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,012 AG
    I don't know many folks who are unhappy with their Pathfinders...including me.

Same boat as I have, only 3 years newer. But it's still the older (and better, IMO) hull.

Use it in good health...Mike
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Perfect timing. By end of next month water around here should hit the magic 68F.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    great info below.
    Nice! Before you take it out make sure all filters were done.including the micro ones, and also that injectors were cleaned and flow tested. Use a large dose of sea foam in first tank and act like you are breaking in motor for are little bit. Like dead idle in gear for a few minutes then raise to fast idle for a few more minutes then hope on plane and do an easy cruise. After a bit drop down to idle to listen for anything. If normal go for some hard wot runs.
    Oh and nice boat. Congrats. Enjoy.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,406 Captain
    4k to get in sellable shape? What could have been wrong with a boat that was carport kept and had 79 hours on it?
  • Wade BWade B Posts: 259 Deckhand
    Ghostman wrote: »
    It was a long 8 years but i'm finally back on the water. She's a 2004 Pathfinder 2200v with 200 hp Yamaha V-max with only 69 hours. As it turns out the previous owner was an attorney who thought he wanted a bay boat and ended up not liking it. So it sat under cover in a car port for the better part of 10 years with virtually no use. The print out shows about 70% of it's hours were at idle. She just had $4,000 worth of work to get it in sellable shape including a significant fuel system work over. I'm having the dealer add a couple things this week and I pick her up Saturday. To say i'm excited is the understatement of the year. I'll post more pics when I clean her up some more and add a few planned mods.

That is awesome. Congrats.