Old Town Predator13

I've been looking around and checking out details on this boat. I'd like to hear the good, the bad the ugly on this thing from people who use it or have used it. I really like the seat but the thing with that is does the seat mount hold or have they broken on you? Any tips, or review are welcome. Also, the fish finder set up, does it really cover in the hull or does it stick out a little, the transducer. Just don't want to invest in something that's not worthy. And if you have this kayak, post photos of your set
Tarpon 120

Replies

• DCuadraDCuadra Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    I've had one for about 6 months, Love it. Best inshore/fresh water kayak ever. Super stable, fish standing, glides pretty nice. super comfortable seat. just make sure you get a long enough paddle.
  • 1simplemann1simplemann Posts: 200 Deckhand
    I have the OT Pr 13 and the MX. I really like both. Seat is super comfy. I like the accessory plates. I have moved things around a bit since I 1st got them. No holes on the yak just the plates. If you think your gonna want a fish finder, get the 13. Center console is perfect for that. The plastic seat track has not broken. Not sure what you mean by the seat mount breaking. Never heard of this before. BUT if you lean back too far when in the high position you will pop it out and end up in the lower position if you don't have the strap pulled tight. Kinda surprises you the 1st time that happens. Even if you have it pulled tight, the seat will pop out and not move.I fixed this though. I drilled holes thru plastic track and the seat bar. I put spring pins thru them. Seat never moves now unless I want it to. I have had two buddy paddle my yak and now they want one too. My wife even like it and she's scared to death to get in a yak by herself. Very stable to stand on. Paddles nice. I don't have fish finder so I can't help you there. Hope this helps.
  • raulvegaraulvega Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Okay this is totally good advice and am thankful for the knowalge. I've been looking around for other models but went to check the predator out and i can't get it out of my mind. And also for the price i don't think it's a bad deal most kayaks i've seen of that type are over 1400 unless used. I fish mainly creeks and stuff but hopefully this will handle slight open water, like a bay, have you taken it out on a bay?
    Tarpon 120
    No problem, PM if you have any questions.
  • Darylb23Darylb23 Posts: 254 Deckhand
    What area are you in? I may know of a very lightly used one in PB County.
    South River Outfitters Fishing Team - KayakBassFishing.com AmBASSador
  • Silent snookerSilent snooker Posts: 378 Deckhand
    Bass & BBQ wrote: »

If he is not interested I'm in pbc and am interested
  • raulvegaraulvega Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Bass & BBQ wrote: »
    Oh man I'm in northeast. Sooker all yours!
    Tarpon 120
    If he is not interested I'm in pbc and am interested
    SS, You better jump on it. They are a good yak.
  • Silent snookerSilent snooker Posts: 378 Deckhand
    pm returned