Lake Hernando 2/1,2,3/15 bass fishing.

My buddy, from GA, was on the St Johns for a kayak tournament and came here for a few days to fish. Sunday we got one bite and no fish. Monday morning we saw some birds diving and caught a dozen crappie for dinner then went bass fishing. Using worms, spinnerbaits and jerkbaits we eked out a dozen or so bass with 14" the largest. The water warmed up to 62* and the bite turned on sort of. Tuesday the water temp dropped a few degrees and fishing was tough again for me but he was getting bit regularly on jerkbaits. Water temp was down to 59 all day. Big fish was 2-9.

CamelotfishingJason012_zps00df5b06.jpg

CamelotfishingJason009_zps8feaccb4.jpg

CamelotfishingJason010_zps9df57703.jpg

Replies

• BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 355 Deckhand
    Good catch, I could just dang near bite into one of those crappie like an apple. I'm not above cleaning one and going to the house and making snack.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,555 Moderator
    Nice job Alex ! Those Specks are fun and tasty.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,769 Captain
    Nice pickerel Alex! Kind of like the> "Jack Crevale or bluefish" of fresh water> No respect! Being from up north, I like em! Hell they fight good, jump and attack just about anything! Except for having slime that rivals a ladyfish and their teeth can cut off yer favorite Rapala I think they are pretty cool fish!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!