What size reel for 8ft Terez Waxwing Heavy rod? TZSW80H

litelinerliteliner DeckhandPosts: 69 Deckhand
I recently bought a Terez Waxwing Rod. Its a heavy action TZSW80H. I know a 10000 size reel will not fit the mount but Im not positive the 8000 would fit either. Does anybody have any info on what size reel would be good? Ive searched google for awhile and no cigar.

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Admiral Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I don't have that 'exact' rod, but I have several similar rods & I have Daiwa Ballistic EX 4000s on the 'lighter' rods & Shimano 6000s on the 'heavier' rods...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • Jetex2801Jetex2801 Officer Posts: 540 Officer
    I'm almost positive a 10000 or 8000 size shimano will fit the reel seat, if you can take the rod to a store and check. Shimanos seem to have smaller reel foots on average.
  • bantam1bantam1 Officer Posts: 541 Officer
    It should fit. You just need to play with it by sliding part of the foot into the rear of the seat, then wiggle it into the front. The foot from the 6000 and 8000 size reels should be identical. The 10000 will be the same depending on the reel model.