Naples help

Living in naples now, close to immokalee. All I've got with me is a fly rod.

If anyone can tell me where to go to get on some fish, it would be greatly appreciated. I thought about just hitting the beaches early but I figured it was still too cold.

Species doesn't matter. I prefer salt because I can just go to any old pond and throw around for some bass.

Thanks.

(Ps: I know this section technically doesn't say "Naples" but the 10000 islands section doesn't seem very active)

Replies

• Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    are you by foot or have access to a boat? 10K is a pain to fish on fly for me because I hate blind casting.
  • 904angler904angler Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    By foot. And anywhere within an hours drive I can handle
  • Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    start walking the beaches. Pick a spit and learn that spot. It may take you a couple months but if you track the weather and tides you will see a pattern you can grow on.
  • fish4funfish4fun Posts: 225 Officer
    The challenge I see for you at places other than beach or pond without a boat is fly casting unless you intend to wade in. If you're set on fly casting consider a kayak. And, if you're good at fly casting then casting a jig on a regular rod and reel setup will be a snap for you. $100 will get you a decent rod and reel setup. But you didn't ask that, so...

You posted here so I know you have internet service. using Google Maps set on satellite view, zoom in to our area and find where you want to fish. There's Delnor and Barefoot Beach parks, both have easy vehicle access. However, using Google Maps you'll see just how much opportunity you have if you can get on the water. A small jon boat with an electric motor...easy to tow...shallow draft... all you need.