michigan boy wants to go fishing PLEASE

michigan boy wants to go fishing PLEASE
Was trying to find someone kind enough to take me deep sea fishing going to be in bradeington Feb 8 staying for about a week I've fished a little down there b4 and a lot back home so I know the basics also know how to troll and pick up on things quick I can chip in on gas a little bit.gonna be down there cause the wife is meeting her girlfriends there so I'm trying to get away from that situation much as possible I'm pretty easy going and usually get along with everybody.btw been catching walleye on 9" of ice and 17 degrees out brr I'm ready for the warm sunny fl

Replies

• ems810ems810 Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Wow nobody wants to take a fellow fisherman out is it cause I'm out of state or am I asking wrong if u was to post this on Michigan sportsman all kinds of people would be willing to help or let hitch a ride I guess let me know if I'm doing something wrong not saying I'll pay someone to take me fishing. Saying I'll chip in toward expenses any one gonna be fishing ? I arrive this Fri and leaving next Sunday
  • PilchardPilchard Posts: 1,373 Officer
    This ain't Michigan. Pay a guide to take you out. Very few people want to take the time or effort to spend their limited fishing days taking a total stranger fishing that they will likely never see or hear from until the next time that stranger wants to go fishing.

Nothing bad on you.... Just the way it is.
    If I'm willing to take my time and effort to take or teach someone fishing I'm sure there is someone else willing to do the same I've showed a few strangers a thing or two even put them on fish.I love fishing something I really enjoy doing even if it's with a stranger I c ur point but don't agree fellow fishermen r usually friendly and willing to let a ride along and we both will like fishing so I'm sure there will be pics of fish sent back and forth lol or like u said never talk again apparently that would be u and I nothing bad on you...can't let u speak on be half of all fl fishermen..let's not forget the michiganders that migrate south to so the good people r out there just gotta get there attention thanks for ur opinion though let me know if u ever come to Mich we can do some fishin
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,075 AG
    Pilchard wrote: »
    This ain't Michigan. Pay a guide to take you out. Very few people want to take the time or effort to spend their limited fishing days taking a total stranger fishing that they will likely never see or hear from until the next time that stranger wants to go fishing.

Nothing bad on you.... Just the way it is.

Well, that's one mans opinion, which I find to the contrary with members from WC. Myself included, many times we have taken visitors out for a day on the water.

ema810, this is a tough time to get out because of the weather. The Skyway would be an option. Also, you might get an invite by posting pics of the girlfriends. :grin

:funnypost

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • HairyAngler225HairyAngler225 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    ems810 wrote: »
    If I'm willing to take my time and effort to take or teach someone fishing I'm sure there is someone else willing to do the same I've showed a few strangers a thing or two even put them on fish.I love fishing something I really enjoy doing even if it's with a stranger I c ur point but don't agree fellow fishermen r usually friendly and willing to let a ride along and we both will like fishing so I'm sure there will be pics of fish sent back and forth lol or like u said never talk again apparently that would be u and I nothing bad on you...can't let u speak on be half of all fl fishermen..let's not forget the michiganders that migrate south to so the good people r out there just gotta get there attention thanks for ur opinion though let me know if u ever come to Mich we can do some fishin

You may want to consider proper english and punctuation. It may help to give a better impression that you are a more enjoyable person to spend a whole day on a boat with fishing.
  • J BoneJ Bone Posts: 172 Deckhand
    It's not that you're from Michigan by any means. Florida needs people like you and your family here, seasonal visitors are what most businesses here thrive on. I personally always have a crew ready and waiting for weather breaks and the past few weeks I could only get out once. Sometimes I refrain from telling people that I own a boat because they automatically take that as an invite and are pushing to get on the next trip, heck I still owe people trips I've previously granted to them. I would suggest checking out the skyway or one of the head boats out of John's pass. Good luck to you if you do get out.
    Didn't know I was being graded hairy angler geez all I was looking for was someone that might want a fishing buddie for a day or if we become friends so be it not asking to take fish from ur dinner table how many times u go fishing and u end up.talking to someone while u fish
  • ElkchaserElkchaser Posts: 180 Deckhand
    The weather this time of year makes it hard to predict boating days for"deepsea"....you will be better off hitting Walmart for a cheap rod/reel/baitbucket and hitting some of the shore fishing opportunities around the Manatee river. Or if you want to really go offshore,
    google Hubbards marina. They can get you out pretty cheap.
    Really, you only joined here to try and get someone to take you fishing.....sounds like some craigslist random connection gig.
    Good luck fishing.
  • m10renm10ren Posts: 109 Deckhand
    ems810 wrote: »
    Didn't know I was being graded hairy angler geez all I was looking for was someone that might want a fishing buddie for a day or if we become friends so be it not asking to take fish from ur dinner table how many times u go fishing and u end up.talking to someone while u fish

Not a big fan of Grammar ****'s on forums, but I agree with Elkchaser about the weather this time of year. My wife and I decided on short notice to go out Sunday, it seemed to be the best window of opportunity we had to go fishing in some time. It was cool and rough going out, thankfully it was sunny all day and it gave our clothes a chance to dry before the rough ride back. I'm glad we got to go (I needed a fishing fix) but in hindsight the "best day" in the past few weeks was not a great day to be offshore fishing.