Home Politics

Mitt not Running for Prez

beat to fitbeat to fit Posts: 2,088 Captain
He is keeping his word and not running for Prez.

I wish our elected leaders would keep their word too!

Replies

• chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Well he had the highest approval rating among repubs.

Clear sailing now for the person with the SECOND HIGHEST approval rating among repubs.

Run Sarah Run
    Chubasco.jpg
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Really big of Mitt the Twit:

"After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I've decided it is best to give other leaders in the party the opportunity to become our next nominee," Romney said in a statement.

Hard to even imagine Willard as one of "the leaders in the party" since he's essentially been MIA for the last 6 years.

And who is he "to give other leaders... the opportunity"? Nobody seriously wanted to see him run again.
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »
    Well he had the highest approval rating among repubs.

Clear sailing now for the person with the SECOND HIGHEST approval rating among repubs.

Run Sarah Run

Need to take a page from the liberal play book.

Run a mid 40s black or spanish lawyer with no prior work history or voting record.

Dems lose big if so.
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    FreeLiner wrote: »

Run a mid 40s black or spanish lawyer with no prior work history or voting record.

Dems lose big if so.

Republicans could run NM Gov. Susana Martinez and Democrats would lose the Hispanic vote and much of the woman vote.

She should be a VP candidate for whomever the R nominee is
    Schadenfreude. November 8, 2016
    FreeLiner wrote: »

Run a mid 40s black or spanish
    lawyer with no prior work history or voting record.

Dems lose big if so.

Repubs will never put their tokens into the top slot. They won't even consider a white woman.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • beat to fitbeat to fit Posts: 2,088 Captain
    Repubs will never put their tokens into the top slot. They won't even consider a white woman.

Didn't Sarah run as VP? Is she not a white women? I know you libs are used to looking at your sexy Dem women like Moochelle, Billlary, Nancy, etc.. but come on...
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Mitt's wife probably put her foot down. She said 2 years ago she wouldn't go thru that again.
    Didn't Sarah run as VP? Is she not a white women? I know you libs are used to looking at your sexy Dem women like Moochelle, Billlary, Nancy, etc.. but come on...

VP is not the top slot. For repubs that has to be a white guy.

Add to that the fact that Palin lost McCain more votes than she gained and the repubs won't walk down that road again either.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    VP is not the top slot. For repubs that has to be a white guy.

Add to that the fact that Palin lost McCain more votes than she gained and the repubs won't walk down that road again either.

It's quite clear that Maddow is your man. You could start a grass roots campaign to oust the Hildebeast yet again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Discuss Mitt the Twit's big announcement & the RWNJ's can only think "Maddow is your man" & "oust the Hilebeast" & "Moochelle, Billlary, Nancy".
    navigator2 wrote: »
    It's quite clear that Maddow is your man. You could start a grass roots campaign to oust the Hildebeast yet again.

Poor saps still have such a huge Man Crush on Willard the Mormon Missionary.
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Discuss Mitt the Twit's big announcement & the RWNJ's can only think "Maddow is your man" & "oust the Hilebeast" & "Moochelle, Billlary, Nancy".

Poor saps still have such a huge Man Crush on Willard the Mormon Missionary.

maybe you should take some time off from the forum willingly
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    So did Mitt bow out for a possible position or even VP if Jeb wins?
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    dstockwell wrote: »

VP? That would require the same commitment and campaigning and family involvement as running for prez.
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    so the choice will be a bush or a clinton

Don't know about you guys but it seems to me the Clinton years were a lot better than the bush years
    Jeb will be the republican nominee.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    grady30wa wrote: »
    Republicans could run NM Gov. Susana Martinez and Democrats would lose the Hispanic vote and much of the woman vote.

Why do you assume that? Because she is a woman and Hispanic? Ok... but when she opens her mouth and explains her position on issues that matter most for Hispanics and women... she would LOSE their vote!

Don't you get it? Republicans, whether they are women, hispanic, white, black, whatever.. .are on the wrong side of just about every issue that matters to mainstream americans. So keep putting lipstick on the pig and see if it sticks.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    Hard to even imagine Willard as one of "the leaders in the party" since he's essentially been MIA for the last 6 years.

Looks like 'somebody' was asleep in 2011-2012..........

And I'm glad that Mitt's not running. He'll keep busy raising millions for the Party and the election.

It's WAY past time for someone new to emerge, step forward and lead this nation. ......
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Don't you get it? Republicans, whether they are women, hispanic, white, black, whatever.. .they are on the wrong side of just about every issue that matters to mainstream americans.

You sure are right! I know that I LOVE this weak, 2% economic growth rate a LOT more than that anemic 6.5% growth rate of the Reagan years! :willynilly
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain

My thoughts exactly.

Mitt has been purchased.

The idea that this nation wants to endure yet another Bush as president is absurd.

It a sign of a sick and decaying party.

The opposition needs to coalesce around someone else, anyone else, and derail this dynasty before it is too late.
    Mitt the Twit was sleeping?
    Gary M wrote: »
    Looks like 'somebody' was asleep in 2011-2012..........

Was some of his best work. Willard earned his title Mitt the Twit for saying stupid stuff on camera.

He'll keep writing checks for millions for the Party & keep his piehole shut.

"It's WAY past time for someone new to emerge, step forward and lead this nation" from the ranks of the GOP.
    You sure are right! I know that I LOVE this weak, 2% economic growth rate a LOT more than that anemic 6.5% growth rate of the Reagan years! :willynilly

The first law of thermodynamics says you don't get something for nothing. Same applies to the Reagan years. That 6.5% growth was due in part... actually mostly.... to military spending. I hope you're aware that military spending is 'government spending'. With all that government spending and that juicy 6.5% growth came 11 tax increases. Maybe we should try that again. Let's put America to work on infrastructure. We'll have to spend a boat load of money, but the economy will boil over for it. And let's pay for the stuff we want. Instead of cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes, let's get Americans used to paying for the stuff we want. Hey America, want a new aircraft carrier and bunch of fancy new jets? Cough it up, dude!! Hey America, want all those thousands of bridges repaired and rail lines strengthened? Cough it up.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    It's WAY past time for someone new to emerge, step forward and lead this nation. ......
    Well unless they are a constitutionalists this will never happen.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Why do you assume that? Because she is a woman and Hispanic? Ok... but when she opens her mouth and explains her position on issues that matter most for Hispanics and women... she would LOSE their vote!

Don't you get it? Republicans, whether they are women, hispanic, white, black, whatever.. .are on the wrong side of just about every issue that matters to mainstream americans. So keep putting lipstick on the pig and see if it sticks.

Here's a perfect example... it pertains to gays and lesbians but for anyone with a brain, you get my point. When republicans put the lipstick on, then open their mouths, they lose.

Huckabee compares being gay to drinking, swearing

Washington (CNN)—Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee says expecting Christians to accept same-sex marriage is "like asking someone who's Jewish to start serving bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli."

He also called homosexuality part of a lifestyle, like drinking and swearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/01/politics/huckabee-gay-marriage/index.html

Yep, gays and lesbians will still get Hucks vote... :Spittingcoffee
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    1) That 6.5% growth was due in part... actually mostly.... to military spending.

2) Let's put America to work on infrastructure. We'll have to spend a boat load of money, but the economy will boil over for it.

3) Instead of cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes, let's get Americans used to paying for the stuff we want.

4)Hey America, want all those thousands of bridges repaired and rail lines strengthened? Cough it up.

1) The growth from military spending caused the collapse od the Soviet Union. I know that I love it when American is strong militarily. Countries fearing and respecting us is a good thing. Today, thanks to Obama, we are a joke.

2) Does $787 Billion in 'spending on infrastructure' sound familiar? All those 'shovel ready' projects?

3) Economics 101 says that when taxes are cut, people will spend and invest. Can't 'pay for stuff' without money. Only the Govt does that.

4) Bridges and rail lines? See #1 above. Obama has already fixed them. He promised us that.
    Well unless they are a constitutionalists this will never happen.

Come on! Don't ruin my dream of a great America!
    1) The growth from military spending caused the collapse od the Soviet Union. I know that I love it when American is strong militarily. Countries fearing and respecting us is a good thing. Today, thanks to Obama, we are a joke.

2) Does $787 Billion in 'spending on infrastructure' sound familiar? All those 'shovel ready' projects?

3) Economics 101 says that when taxes are cut, people will spend and invest. Can't 'pay for stuff' without money. Only the Govt does that.

4) Bridges and rail lines? See #1 above. Obama has already fixed them. He promised us that.

1) Agree with the 1st sentence. Disagree with the last. We are only a joke in the minds of RWNJs because of their hatred of Obama. Other countries fear us and don't trust us (to not bomb them) as far as they spit into the wind. We rule the world militarily. We have aircraft carriers all over the world all the time ready to strike at any given notice. How many drone strikes does Obama have approve/order before RWNJs accept that we are not a joke?

2) $787 Billion wasn't enough, and we didn't spend all of that. It was a start. If he had asked for more, would the republican congress have given it to him? We need to spend several $Ts on our infrastructure.

3) Our taxes are lower now than ever before, thanks to Bush and Obama. Even at the state levels, many states have cut taxes so much they're going broke. It's popular rhetoric that wins elections, but it's being over used.

4) See #2 above.