Home Politics

Obama Mocks Mitt Romney For Being 'Suddenly Deeply Concerned About Poverty'

phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
"I consider imitation the highest form of flattery," Obama said of Republicans' sudden embrace of populist rhetoric.

Republicans want to win so badly, they'll stoop to Obama's platform to do so. No matter who wins the republican nomination next year, they got 47% of the voting population in the bank. They just need to get some of that remaining 6% to win.
Obama Mocks Mitt Romney For Being 'Suddenly Deeply Concerned About Poverty'

WASHINGTON -- Thought the 2012 presidential campaign was over? Think again.

President Barack Obama didn't have much to say about Mitt Romney's rekindled aspirations for the White House when he delivered a flat, "No comment," earlier this month. But apparently he couldn't resist much longer, following reports that the former GOP candidate was weighing entering the ring in 2016 on a platform focused on lifting up the middle class and eliminating poverty.

Addressing House Democrats at their annual retreat in Philadelphia on Thursday night, Obama referred to one “former presidential candidate” who was "suddenly deeply concerned about poverty."

"That's great. Lets do something about it," Obama said, according to a White House pool report.

Romney fired back on Twitter, by noting poverty levels under the Obama administration.

"Mr. Obama, wonder why my concern about poverty? The record number of poor in your term, and your record of failure to remedy," Romney said.

Obama also said in Philadelphia that he had heard a Republican senator, who he did not name, was "suddenly shocked, shocked, that the 1 percent" was doing much better than the vast majority of Americans.

"I consider imitation the highest form of flattery," Obama said of Republicans' sudden embrace of populist rhetoric.

Three Republican senators considering bids for president -- Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Marco Rubio of Florida -- spoke about the need to address income inequality at a summit organized by the Koch Brothers on Sunday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/30/barack-obama-mitt-romney-poverty_n_6576406.html

....from the huffpost with approval by NACI.

Replies

• bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    I'd like to see Romney's lifetime contribution to charity compared to Obama's.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    bullgator wrote: »
    I'd like to see Romney's lifetime contribution to charity compared to Obama's.

As a percentage of total income Obama would win AGAIN.

Especially true if you don't count contributions to the Mormon Church as a "charitable contribution".
    Chubasco.jpg
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    chubasco wrote: »

Especially true if you don't count contributions to the Mormon Church as a "charitable contribution".

No. in absolute dollars. Nice try Chubs.

Now back to the OP.

BHO should mock himself about being concerned about poor people and poverty when he isn't even close to being concerned. It is the progressive DEM way to point the finger when it is too painful to look at yourself.
    No. in absolute dollars. Nice try Chubs.

Now back to the OP.

BHO should mock himself about being concerned about poor people and poverty when he isn't even close to being concerned. It is the progressive DEM way to point the finger when it is too painful to look at yourself.

Come on Water, even you know that the true test is a percentage of total income. It would be like you throwing a dime to a homeless guy. BFD.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    So...beyond Obama's words, what has he done for the poor? Has the evil income inequality he continues to whine about gotten better or worse under his watch? How about black unemployment? How about median income per household?

Are you lefties really this dense? Obama is Bush on steroids. They are the same. They both love licking the balls of wall street and the bankers. Get over your "R" vs "D" hangups.
    JBond wrote: »
    So...beyond Obama's words, what has he done for the poor? Has the evil income inequality he continues to whine about gotten better or worse under his watch? How about black unemployment? How about median income per household?

Are you lefties really this dense? Obama is Bush on steroids. They are the same. They both love licking the balls of wall street and the bankers. Get over your "R" vs "D" hangups.

Since you voted for Bush you must have been thrilled to vote for Obama twice.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • JBondJBond Posts: 5,039 Officer
    Since you voted for Bush you must have been thrilled to vote for Obama twice.

Of course I voted for him over that lunatic, AL Gore, in the first election. I did not vote the second time for him. He had a choice after 9/11 and he chose poorly. In case you missed it, I am not a fan of giant wasteful government. I did not support him in the primaries either time. I don't watch South Park much anymore, but the ****** vs a **** is still one of my favorite episodes.
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    So the guy who raised taxes on the poorest Americans is mocking a rich guy?
    Come on Water, even you know that the true test is a percentage of total income. It would be like you throwing a dime to a homeless guy. BFD.

Because higher percentage donations put more food on the plate than the higher value donations. Got it.

But you have to count the Mormon donations because it is charitable giving to poor Americans.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Actually, Mitt would most likely win on percentage also. Mormons have to tithe a certain percent to the church and they are very strict about it. So money given to the church is considered a charitable deduction.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG

May I suggest that no president really does anything for any group in particular. Obama's management style is to delegate. His failure is not following up. Everyone thinks he makes all sorts of promises, when in fact he says over and over again "I'm going to ask congress to do this or do that". We all know how the republican controlled congress reacted to Obama's request to do something, now don't we?
  • SLW210SLW210 Posts: 2,226 Captain
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    May I suggest that no president really does anything for any group in particular. Obama's management style is to delegate. His failure is not following up. Everyone thinks he makes all sorts of promises, when in fact he says over and over again "I'm going to ask congress to do this or do that". We all know how the republican controlled congress reacted to Obama's request to do something, now don't we?

He had TWO years of a Democrat controlled Congress, please show his efforts during that time.

I am sure the POOR of Chicago benefitted greatly from Obama, no WAIT!!!
    In this case, Obama defended a Chicago slumlord and powerful political ally who was charged with a long list of offenses against poor residents. The defendant was the Woodlawn Preservation & Investment Corp., controlled by Bishop Arthur Brazier, a South Side Chicago preacher and political operator.

Brazier's burgeoning real estate empire included a low-income housing project at 6223 South University. Today, MapQuest describes the Woodlawn neighborhood as "quaint and sedate." But in the winter of 1994, it was a frigid hell.

Brazier was closely allied with Obama and his firm, not least because Davis was on WPIC's Board of Directors. Davis was also the corporation's registered agent, and he received the court summons when the city filed suit on the South University apartments.

Brazier's WPIC had failed for nearly a month to supply heat and running water for the complex's 15 crumbling apartments. On Jan. 18, 1994, the day the heat went off, Chicago's official high temperature was 11 below zero, the day after it was 19 below.

Even worse, the residents were then ordered to leave the WPIC complex in the winter chill without the due process they would have been afforded by an eviction procedure.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chapter-iv-for-the-slumlords-defense-barack-obama-esq./article/2508420

But you already knew all of that, but made your statements anyway. LMFAO!!
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral

Those are known as lies.

So raising the poorest Americans taxes did not specifically effect them?
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    So the guy who raised taxes on the poorest Americans is mocking a rich guy?
    What guy was that? I don't remember the Republicans screaming and having a fit over Obama using executive order to raise taxes on the poor.

This must be stopped at once, the executive branch is not charged with taxing, only the congress has the authority to do that.

Or were you just fantasying?
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    JB is not quite ready for Prime Time.
    Obama is Bush on steroids. They are the same. They both love licking the balls of wall street and the bankers. Get over your "R" vs "D" hangups.

Bush claimed that his constituents were "The Have Mores" & essentially purchased the White House after losing the Popular Vote.

Obama beat McSame & the Rogue by winning the votes of women, minorities & youth.