Home General Hunting
«13

Replies

  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,345 Captain
    yes take them off . voted .
    living life as i like
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    Done. Most who voted are in favor of removing them.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,345 Captain
    VOTE MORE THEN ONCE
    living life as i like
  • PalmettoKidPalmettoKid Posts: 847 Officer
    Done.
    No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
    Bobjr86 wrote: »
    Ok so i hunted florida for my first time yesterday and have to say i was really disappointed.
  • ROGERSANCHEZROGERSANCHEZ Posts: 312 Deckhand
    Voted!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,363 AG
    "The truth is - Florida's state animal, the Florida panther, no longer exists because of inbreeding and crossbreeding. It is genetically modified and no longer has the exact DNA of what was once considered the Florida panther - let's call them what they are Texlda or FloriTex," Long said.

    :rotflmao

    Flugar!!!

    And yes, they need to be de-listed!!!
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    thanks.. a lot of people working real hard to convince the state to do the right thing
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,363 AG
    thanks.. a lot of people working real hard to convince the state to do the right thing

    I don't know if you are involved as well, but if you are, a sincere thank you! To you as well.
  • pbsnookerpbsnooker Posts: 882 Officer
    72% yes so far
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,621 AG
    Didn't see any science in that article...some woman commisioner from Glades county...a sheriff who is not happy that his BUDGET can't grow due to the ag nature of the area he serves and his dad..."Bubba"...
    I hear some lost money off the tax roles......not much else.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,148 Captain
    The fact the USFWS does not like to talk about is that the latest scientific study concluded there are only four sub species of cougar...One in North America, One in Central America and a couple in scattered parts of South America.

    There is no such thing as a "Florida Panther".....never has been. Therefore the species cannot be "Endangered"....
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Kind of odd that there's even a debate.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    N. Cook wrote: »
    The fact the USFWS does not like to talk about is that the latest scientific study concluded there are only four sub species of cougar...One in North America, One in Central America and a couple in scattered parts of South America.

    There is no such thing as a "Florida Panther".....never has been. Therefore the species cannot be "Endangered"....

    I bet if we require the same genetic testing of black bears they will find the same thing. All North American Black Bears are the same. Just like the sandhill cranes are all the same. But the USFWS has never let a little thing like facts get in their way.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

    I had you pissed off at hello.
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    thanks.. a lot of people working real hard to convince the state to do the right thing

    No amount of hard work to convince the State will do much good. They are already willing, but aren't able do much to fix the problems with panthers in SW FL until they are de-listed by the Feds. They are the ones who really need convincing. Get more appropriate recovery goals that are actually achievable so they can feasibly be de-listed and the State will be able to address the problems created by panther overabundance. Until that happens though you won't get far lobbying the State.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    The STATE Can choose NOT TO SUPPORT them by simply taking officers out of the Big Cypress and all the other Federal lands. But that would be career suicide. They could write a letter stating exactly how many cougars THEY think are out there. The State could discontinue the panther license plate...where would you like me to stop?

    BTW, I hope you voted either way?
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    They could do all of those things, but they understand that they can more effectively make a positive difference as a partner rather than an adversary. Their participation in the re-evaluation is their best avenue for influence to improve the situation.

    BTW, i voted.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Check and see what a few other states are doing on their own with regards to the Wolf problem...Florida should take some notes.

    THEY are never your friend...although they act like they are
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    Always good to look at what other states do with wildlife management issues to see what can be learned from their experiences. Lucky for them, wolves were de-listed so they could deal with similar problems that resulted from the Federal management of wolves under the ESA. A big difference would be the geography they were dealing with though. They didn't have an animal whose population was isolated on the end of a populated peninsula.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Bears were delisted how long ago?

    And what are we now POSSIBLY going to see at the next meeting.

    Please, the excuses have been coming for the past 28 yrs I became involved in this crap....finally with the help of social media these things can't be swept under the carpet any longer...and WE have finally figured out how to play the game.
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    Best of luck to you!
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Ya, were not making it any easier for them to keep on BS us....that's for sure.



    Heck, we even have a commissioner whom I have respect for weighing in on things here:) we've come a long way in 28 yrs
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    http://www.fws.gov/verobeach/MSRPPDFs/FloridaPanther.pdf page 4-119.

    Why hasn't there been a push to move the cats from south Florida to other states? These Panthers are Federally listed, therefore one would think that jurisdictional boundaries of states wouldn't matter much.
    It seems kind of useless to continue down the same road as we have for the past 2 decades. Panthers breed, Panthers die due to interaction with human activities. Florida having reached the status of number 3 in the nation for population isn't going to help this. We can continue to contain them in their present range and watch them die off from numerous causes. As vehicular traffic increases, so will the death of the Panther. Each year seems to be a record breaker for the previous year.
    Maybe it's high time to reintroduce some of these Panthers to other states where there is less of a direct impact on them.
    Why not? In all seriousness, why not?
    I don't or cannot wrap my mind around the buying of more land in an attempt at maintaining a population of a species that will in fact search out its very own home range. If males are moving north from the glades, then maybe a female or two should be relocated to follow. One of the very reasons that I believe this isn't currently occurring is the fact that the USFWS doesn't currently have the authority over the parcels of land and therefore can do little but enforce current existing laws.
    If these folks truly wanted to see a success for this species, then they would forego the agony of their current management techniques and do what is right for the Panther.
    I think that we have folks who are set on having a pre-determined amount of acreage locked up before even considering a move.
    If that is the case, then a demand for them requiring the containment within those boundaries should be sought. They can either teach the cats to read or teach a pig to sing, either way, they are wasting time and copious amounts of tax payer and donated dollars without much success.
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,602 Captain
    David B wrote: »
    http://www.fws.gov/verobeach/MSRPPDFs/FloridaPanther.pdf page 4-119.

    Why hasn't there been a push to move the cats from south Florida to other states? These Panthers are Federally listed, therefore one would think that jurisdictional boundaries of states wouldn't matter much.
    It seems kind of useless to continue down the same road as we have for the past 2 decades. Panthers breed, Panthers die due to interaction with human activities. Florida having reached the status of number in the nation for population isn't going to help this. We can continue to contain them in their present range and watch them die off from numerous causes. As vehicular traffic increases, so will the death of the Panther. Each year seems to be a record breaker for the previous year.
    Maybe it high time to reintroduce some of these Panthers to other states where there is less of a direct impact on them.
    Why not? In all seriousness, why not?
    I don't or cannot wrap my mind around the buying of more in an attempt at maintaining a population of a species that will in fact search out its very own home range. If males are moving north from the glades, then maybe a female or two should be relocated to follow. One of the very reasons that I believe this isn't currently occurring is the fact that the USFWS doesn't currently have the authority over the parcels of land and therefore can do little but enforce current existing laws.
    If these folks truly wanted to see a success for this species, then they would forego the agony of their current management techniques and do what is right for the Panther.
    I think that we have folks who are set on having a pre-determined amount of acreage locked up before even considering a move.
    If that is the case, then a demand for them requiring the containment within those boundaries should be sought. They can either teach the cats to read or teach a pig to sing, either way, they are wasting time and copious amounts of tax payer and donated dollars without much success.

    Post of the year
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    THEY will, once THEY agree not to call them a Fl Panther,and thus a Cougar.

    Once that happens, FL gets a hunting season once science proves the carrying capacity is exceeded capacity... they are making the bed THEY will sleep in.

    Were just trying to save the Glades (s zone)from total devastation.
  • David BDavid B Posts: 1,907 Captain
    Were just trying to save the Glades (s zone)from total devastation.

    I hear you Lima Charlie and I feel for you.

    I know that you read my above post. Does it make sense? Has anyone asked this at a meeting with these folks? Straight up asked them why they haven't considered returning them to their historical ranges in an attempt to save them? Just because they hang the name Florida on them, shouldn't matter. There are countless other species with Virginiana, Mississippians and the likes too. They reside wide spread throughout the US.
    Increasing MMGW or climate change, one twist off at a time.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,345 Captain
    how about we take 50 females and let them go on deseret ranch its big enough and since its going to built up in 30 years does not matter to them anymore
    living life as i like
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    that's funny...WWWDsay
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Mrs Priddy, please pass this info along as credible scientific survey data which seems to be the way decisions are now made.

    NBC2 Poll
    Should the Florida panther be removed from the endangered species list?
    Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

    Yes

    73%
    No

    27%
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,345 Captain
    Pinman wrote: »
    Post of the year

    MONEY MAKER
    living life as i like
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Didn't see any science in that article...some woman commisioner from Glades county...a sheriff who is not happy that his BUDGET can't grow due to the ag nature of the area he serves and his dad..."Bubba"...
    I hear some lost money off the tax roles......not much else.

    Jr, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your color blind? In the article Blue Links appear with all sorts of science. Might want to clink those links before you say things like U said above.
Sign In or Register to comment.