Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

It went out with a bang...

micci_manmicci_man Senior MemberSomewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
Well, not a lot of bangs :grin

Jordon closed out the duck season with me yesterday afternoon. We pushed off at 2pm and were setup and ready to hunt by 2:45. With the blue skies showing i didn't expect much but it was good to be out there with her giving it a go anyway. Not long after we were ready I made the shot that I tell here every time not to do :shrug I followed up with telling her "see, that's why you don't take that shot....you will miss."

About an hour later a hen snuck in and landed in the decoys. I told Jordon to shoot the bird when it jumped up but to not shoot the decoy. I couldn't get the decoy part out fast enough so I have some patching to do, may just have to take it as a loss :grin We had to give chase so she could finish the bird off. About an hour later we had a group of six come in and we didn't cut a feather :banghead We at least got to shoot our guns and we both agreed it was a successful hunt.

IMG_0245_zps0930e90e.jpg

The ole eagle gave us a visit.

IMG_0243_zps7f46cf8f.jpg

looking across the pond as the sun was almost gone.

IMG_0241_zps8030f2c0.jpg

Looking forward to next season with my new partner :beer
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Senior Member Destin, FlPosts: 8,377 Admiral
    You have a gem there. That is awesome she loves going hunting with you.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,548 Admiral
    looks like you had a great time again. Enjoy the time. The children grow up so quickly and find other interests to take up their time. They drift away some and then if you are lucky magically reappear to join in with you again. Life is funny that way I guess.
  • BigfootBigfoot Senior Member Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    Priceless
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    looks like you had a great time again. Enjoy the time. The children grow up so quickly and find other interests to take up their time. They drift away some and then if you are lucky magically reappear to join in with you again. Life is funny that way I guess.

I know many of you are fully aware and have experienced this and I am learning this at the very moment. Where does time go? I still haven't done all of the things that I have wanted to with them and the way it is going I may not get to or at least not for a while.... Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

Side note- my buddy went to Al duck hunting this weekend and his oldest girl (19) called me Saturday morning asking how we were doing. I told her and asked if she was going that afternoon. Her reply was "yes and I'm out here now in dad's boat and I've killed 3 so far." He has a B-60 River hawk with a long tail mud motor. That girl has more dedication to duck hunting than lots of guys I have ran across.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • BodineBodine Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 3,107 Captain
    AWEsome, :thumbsup
    F the feds
  • trout069trout069 Senior Member look at gps and tell mePosts: 5,848 Admiral
    Truer words never spoken.
  • SwampratSwamprat Senior Member Washington County, FlPosts: 1,058 Officer
    Great pics and am sure great memories.

I have 2 daughters (15 & 19) and time does fly so enjoy it while you can. Oldest is in college and working while the youngest is discovering the freedom of starting to drive, hanging with friends and so forth so they do drift away. But it is fun watching them grow and mature.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • skyway andeskyway ande Senior Member St. petePosts: 3,807 Captain
    Kick a donkey....

That's great!
    Cheers!
    God, save the South!