Home Photography Corner

Stuff............... Hodgepodge

redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
16072887849_48a12bccfb_c.jpg

16282753946_3e735142b5_c.jpg

15682767184_a0ebf4fd92_c.jpg

Trying to get better with basic lighting. When I say basic, I mean use a flashlight and nothing else. Its fun. You should try it. Used a radish coz I dont have strawberries. Red is red........... :)

15648090643_20db3c8118_c.jpg
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    Love the spoonbill shot. The radish was a creative approach as well.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Suz,
    as usual, your nature work is outstanding...

but the images i really like are your "flights of fantasy" where you really knock an image out of the park...

the last shot is really great....

what kind of glass were you using for all of those images???
    i have often used a flash light to "paint" an image"....i use a big mag lite because it has the best white light....
    what exposure, iso, etc.?????

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    Thanks Chuck; I have some white pelicans for you too :) I will try to post them tonite

Suz,

what kind of glass were you using for all of those images???
    i have often used a flash light to "paint" an image"....i use a big mag lite because it has the best white light....
    what exposure, iso, etc.?????

tim

Hi, and thanks :) The images were shot with the lens that came with the camera, and if you want the data for them I can pull it. The numbers for the last image shot with only a flashlight were:
    21m.m.,Fstop 5.6, 1/2 second exp, (handheld), iso 400. I used one of Johnnys plastic 2C battery flashlights; prolly cost all of $5 if that, knowing him. :). I put room temperature seltzer water in the wine glass, cut a radish, put the glass on the glass table, which is great, coz I put the flashlight on a chair pointing up through the glass underneath it. At first, I was just trying to get the glass, but then I liked the reflection, and went with that. Too lazy to get the tripod, I did try different angles with the flashlight, but this is the one I liked coz of the reflection. The lite being in the chair is a lot easier. lol
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • JWTJWT Posts: 771 Officer
    the wine glass is an inspiring shot! A reminder that there is always something to shoot & experiment with......well done!!
  • underwaterunderwater Posts: 113 Officer
    The photo of the moth is fantastic!