Home Egret Boats

Scupper Plugs

mbowersmbowers Posts: 496 Deckhand
I have the 36 volt trolling motor, keep more than 10 gallons of gas and fish with up to three large dudes on my 189 so there is frequently a little water coming in and out of the cockpit scuppers. I tried these kayak scupper plugs and I'm pretty happy so far. Kick 'em in with a toe and then they're really easy to pull quickly with that loop if I take a wave or it starts to rain.

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/15950/Yak-Gear-Universal-Scupper-Plugs-4-Pack.html

Replies

• OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    Those would've worked great on my old lappy Hewes....
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Doesn't that defeat the self bailing aspect?
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer

Its just their alternative to a treadmill. :Sinking
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    The only issue I would see with those plugs would be, they look like light and would probably fly out when you hit speed.

Renagade69 wrote: »
    Its just their alternative to a treadmill. :Sinking

We can't all be dainty metrosexuals like yourself, or circus dwarfs like JBloco.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    The only issue I would see with those plugs would be, they look like light and would probably fly out when you hit speed.

We can't all be dainty metrosexuals like yourself, or circus dwarfs like JBloco.

Don't hate yourself for liking what you see.Its a natural function for you to be attracted to me. Be proud and embrace it.

Its been ten years since I heard any one say that and the 20th anniversary since it was coined. Like hipsterism, metrosexuality is an insult more readily slung than substantiated.
    One of metrosexuality’s functions was to safely excise gay panic. Metrosexuality, like the bromance (another metrosexuality-killer), is extended clickbait for “no H-0_m-o.” .Go back to watching your Mark Wahlberg pictures and good day.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Don't hate yourself for liking what you see.Its a natural function for you to be attracted to me. Be proud and embrace it.

Its been ten years since I heard any one say that and the 20th anniversary since it was coined. Like hipsterism, metrosexuality is an insult more readily slung than substantiated.
    One of metrosexuality’s functions was to safely excise gay panic. Metrosexuality, like the bromance (another metrosexuality-killer), is extended clickbait for “no H-0_m-o.” .Go back to watching your Mark Wahlberg pictures and good day.

What time does happy hour start up in Port Saint Lousy? I need to catch-up then come back and read this one!

And Marky Mark makes some great films.
  • mbowersmbowers Posts: 496 Deckhand
    Yes it does but the alternative is water sloshing over your feet and getting your gear wet. I often have a gear bag out on the cockpit floor and it usually slides back to right beside the scupper..

With that looped cord they are really quick to pull if it starts to rain or you punch a wave compared to a t handled plug. They're just rubbery plastic and nylon cord so there's nothing to corrode.

The plugs been staying put just fine so far. Not for everyone but so far I like them.
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer

This is freaking hilarious.
    This is freaking hilarious.

giphy_zpsw50b0q42.gif