Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Legal or Illegal Mullet Boat?

124»

Replies

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    whatever you and few other like-minded malcontents manage to achieve will not have satisfactory results.
    ANUMBER1 wrote: »
    Be careful what you wish for.:grin

It's people like this that wind up ruining it for everybody.
    I would like to see how you felt when it effected your lifestyle and your family and your job. Go to work and see the stress around you.

Go to work and see the stress around me??? What is that unintelligible drivel supposed to mean, anyway? You have no idea what I do for a living or the stresses that come with it, (Not that I am complaining. You are just talking out of your crapper,) as you whine about getting briefly interrupted while still getting paid to show someone how to fish in what I consider beautiful surroundings. Maybe you don't realize how good you still have it regardless of the occasional **** (the kind that everyone else also has to deal with just about daily,) and the more you gripe, the more arrogantly narcissistic you sound.

Was there anything mommy and daddy ever denied you? Why didn't they ever tell you "no?" If they had ever bothered to tell little Drew one time; "No son, you're wrong," then perhaps the rest of society wouldn't have to put up with another insufferable, ungrateful, spoiled brat.

You have a lot more in common with that knucklehead churning up the flat in front of your boat than you are willing to admit, but your "All about me, my way or the highway" posts are telling on you, too.
  • Cavanaugh68Cavanaugh68 Posts: 539 Officer
    Well, according to some well known east coast guides without proper licenses it's just a friendly trip tween friends.

That would mean you wasted that $800 you spent with Adams to buy.. sorry , earn that 6 pack license.

Look that is between them and the USCG. I like to follow the rules and feel better about doing it. Just like the guys out there doing things without other licenses or permits, it happens all over the world my friend.

If the NPS/DOI decides to one day pull the use of this area in a CUA manner, than so be it, beyond my control then. Like i said it is not the only area to guide in, you have an entire state, other lines of work to do, not the end of the world. It is not the only area I guide in either(River-Titusville-NSB Area-Alloutside the CUA area), just happens to be federally controlled. I am sure we would get the same amount of years(10 or more) warning like the harvest guys did before they decided to do this, if they ever do, a public comment period and then decide. But the financial impact is most likely what would stop that from happening, but we will see. Again start asking every business that gets money from an angler coming here to fish, you or me. Like I said I am recreational law.
  • Cavanaugh68Cavanaugh68 Posts: 539 Officer
    It's people like this that wind up ruining it for everybody.

Go to work and see the stress around me??? What is that unintelligible drivel supposed to mean, anyway? You have no idea what I do for a living or the stresses that come with it, (Not that I am complaining. You are just talking out of your crapper,) as you whine about getting briefly interrupted while still getting paid to show someone how to fish in what I consider beautiful surroundings. Maybe you don't realize how good you still have it regardless of the occasional **** (the kind that everyone else also has to deal with just about daily,) and the more you gripe, the more arrogantly narcissistic you sound.

Was there anything mommy and daddy ever denied you? Why didn't they ever tell you "no?" If they had ever bothered to tell little Drew one time; "No son, you're wrong," then perhaps the rest of society wouldn't have to put up with another insufferable, ungrateful, spoiled brat.

You have a lot more in common with that knucklehead churning up the flat in front of your boat than you are willing to admit, but your "All about me, my way or the highway" posts are telling on you, too.

You know pes, I worked hard to get to this point, very hard. I work hard at it still, always have in every thing I have done in my life. You have every right to become a guide too(or try if you can), so do it, if you want a better lifestyle for you or your family, then go for it. You are the one complaining above here, b****ing about what I do and how good I got it.

I was trying to look for scenarios/parallels for your work and what could effect you -"briefly"- but you still have yet to say what you do(if anything). You know what I do, I have turned a hobby into a career. A MIGHTY SUCCESSFUL ONE IF THAT. You and all these comments on here does nothing to me or my business, if anything it strengthens it(thank you). This is a fishing forum, so YES, I talk about it.

I am saying if at your job(or any one out there, imagine something happening there that made it tougher to make your clients happy, you too would be upset) you had "little things" briefly go wrong constantly, they add up. They effect your day. That day my client looked at me and said "will those fish come back?". I said yes in a few days or when you are gone, so YES THAT EFFECTS MY WORK. We were on a nice area of redfish for an hour before mullet boy came in there with the attitude of "I am working, does not matter who is where and in my way".

I have nothing in common with this guy other than we are a human. I put a video up saying this guy was an a**hole, maybe breaking laws?, ruined the spot we were at, reckless operation inside a national park, and you want to say I am complaining or nothing is wrong. That is why I said if this happened at you job, you too would be stressed. See it is hard for you to place yourself in my shoes because this is a hobby - past time most do, you are just thinking, "its just fishing, relax". So they(anglers on average) expect the unusual experience like said above here to happen every now and then, you do not see it on a daily basis, like I do. I see three or four of you on here that like stirring the pot. Have fun. I do not care what you personally think or say. Go to the video page on YouTube, read the comments there and not here. Not Biased.

Good luck in your ventures, have a great new year. I truly wish you and your family the very best, everyone I do. I know this is a forum where people vent, but I do wish all good things.

Listen, every one have a great holiday, Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. Thank you for your support those that do.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,892 Captain

Yes, but he is in denial.

He is also a perfect example of something an old man I worked for as a teenager taught me.

He told me "Son, if you want to learn how to end up hating your life quick, then take one of your favorite hobbies and turn it into your full time job.":rotflmao
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,055 Officer
    All of you that care, take a minute and send an email today.

Link to all the FWC Commissioners:
    http://myfwc.com/contact/fwc-staff/senior-staff/contact-commissioners/

Link to the Canaveral National Seashore Administration:
    http://www.nps.gov/cana/parkmgmt/staffandoffices.htm

More people need to step up and raise their voices.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,363 Officer
    holy smokes look at that jack-**** running circles in his boat!!! i mean come on if the only way he can make a living is by running and tearing up a grass flat for some stinky mullet dude needs to get a life! its 2014 there are other ways to make a living, he is like the settlers killing all the buffalo! COME ON MAN!!!
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,849 AG
    holy smokes look at that jack-**** running circles in his boat!!! i mean come on if the only way he can make a living is by running and tearing up a grass flat for some stinky mullet dude needs to get a life! its 2014 there are other ways to make a living, he is like the settlers killing all the buffalo! COME ON MAN!!!
    This jacktard?:grin
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,055 Officer
    This jacktard?:grin

YAWN…………………………………………………………..
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 664 Officer
    How much money do you think the mullet guy makes a year compared to the charters? Just curious WHO is profiting here. How many of you guys have had charter guys ruin your day? I have had quite a few. Some of the "best" charters are the worst offenders of deeding the waters.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    No matter who argues what, you cannot argue with facts.. Facts which are people like this are doing much more harm to the grassbeds than your average user of the lagoon, and they are harvesting extremely large amounts of fish in a short period of time, very frequently.. I'm willing to bet the next black drum stock assessment won't look too good.. The guy I saw had so many **** drum on the boat he could barely get on plane (and he was STILL looking to bump more schools).. times that by 5 days a week ... times 52 weeks a year.. and that is only ONE guy... taking slot drum... If we hammer all these slot drum now, what will happen 10-20 years down the road when there are an extremely low number of breeder sized drum? No slot fish for all these guys to tear up the flats trying to catch! It is in no way sustainable.. it might not affect you today, tomorrow, next week, or next year... but this will all catch up at some point...
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 885 Officer
    cbmdk86 wrote: »
    No matter who argues what, you cannot argue with facts.. Facts which are people like this are doing much more harm to the grassbeds than your average user of the lagoon, and they are harvesting extremely large amounts of fish in a short period of time, very frequently.. I'm willing to bet the next black drum stock assessment won't look too good.. The guy I saw had so many **** drum on the boat he could barely get on plane (and he was STILL looking to bump more schools).. times that by 5 days a week ... times 52 weeks a year.. and that is only ONE guy... taking slot drum... If we hammer all these slot drum now, what will happen 10-20 years down the road when there are an extremely low number of breeder sized drum? No slot fish for all these guys to tear up the flats trying to catch! It is in no way sustainable.. it might not affect you today, tomorrow, next week, or next year... but this will all catch up at some point...

Way to make me angry marc. :Angry
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif
  • eugene krabseugene krabs Posts: 41 Deckhand
    cava68...:blahblah:cry,
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,466 AG
    Licensed, exempted or whater, if someone comes in on me
    like that when I'm fishing they are going to have a very very ****ty day.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Gooner PyleGooner Pyle Posts: 188 Officer
    It just makes you sick watching that guy destroy what we love.
  • SouthJettySouthJetty Posts: 588 Officer
    I think CBMDK should perform a citizen's arrest..CBMDK, this individual is demonstrating behavior unbecoming of a fisherman and falls within your jurisdiction...maybe MRichardson can assist?
    :Horse:puke
    You shoulda been here yesterday.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    Looks like we're gonna have us a lynchin'...... :grin
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • GoonfanaticGoonfanatic Posts: 111 Deckhand
    You know what's crazy Cavanaugh? That all these people bashing you, they don't care. They don't care about this precious ecosystem. They're just doing what they were probably raised on or was passed down to them.

Today, we have so much proof on the impact commercial fishing and overfishing has done to this body of water. Not to mention all the runoff flowing into ML and the IRL. There is a lot of effort being put forth to put a stop to it. And morons like this guy in the video continue to ignore them, destroying it one day at a time. I believe things WILL happen as well. I pray these things will have a positive impact.

I don't bash anyone trying to provide food on the table, but I do when it comes to this topic. I do when you're destroying a habitat that can't fight back. Its provided so much for so many. Is it too hard to follow rules? Not just for the sake of the rules, but for the sake of nature itself. Seeing prop scars carved into luscious seagrass as I pole across a flat, is always a reminder for me. A reminder to play my part in keeping my footprint to a minimum. To leave this lagoon the way I found it. Thank you again for posting this, as it is a reminder to keep fighting for what is right.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,849 AG
    You know what's crazy Cavanaugh? That all these people bashing you, they don't care. They don't care about this precious ecosystem. They're just doing what they were probably raised on or was passed down to them.

Today, we have so much proof on the impact commercial fishing and overfishing has done to this body of water. Not to mention all the runoff flowing into ML and the IRL. There is a lot of effort being put forth to put a stop to it. And morons like this guy in the video continue to ignore them, destroying it one day at a time. I believe things WILL happen as well. I pray these things will have a positive impact.

I don't bash anyone trying to provide food on the table, but I do when it comes to this topic. I do when you're destroying a habitat that can't fight back. Its provided so much for so many. Is it too hard to follow rules? Not just for the sake of the rules, but for the sake of nature itself. Seeing prop scars carved into luscious seagrass as I pole across a flat, is always a reminder for me. A reminder to play my part in keeping my footprint to a minimum. To leave this lagoon the way I found it. Thank you again for posting this, as it is a reminder to keep fighting for what is right.
    I got moist reading that.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    Can't believe this thread is still going strong. Over 3 weeks old, 110 posts and counting. What has changed? The commercial fishing will be banned in what 2018 i think i read in yesterdays paper, in the NationalSeashore?