Bimini trip 12/28-29

dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,355 Admiral
Weather looked great, boat had fuel and work would have to wait for a day or so, took the boys over for a quick trip, wahoo, spearing and deep dropping were the goals. Cleared the inlet at a very respectable 630am

F646659C-B814-4382-9A9F-8F2BB702D4A8_zpshr034ef4.jpg

Cleared customs, first boat to do so around 9ish which I thought was odd with such nice weather, bought some rum and picked up my good friend Leroy who was going to hang with us for the day. Tide was rising with high around 1pm, put the gear in the water and headed south. Went all the way past Ocean, about 30 miles without a sniff. Bank was beautiful

13A777F5-B1FD-4D73-9ECF-4A374A5379F3_zps6juv3oer.jpg

Brought our "portable GPS"
C3F9C47A-623C-4613-B065-010344FC2381_zpsofzgdjky.jpg

The boys proceeded to put a hurtin on the hogs, grouper and snapper after a shaky start, the aim got much better

2C8557D2-A13C-42A6-92EA-5A400B5A786B_zpsejhlfpkr.jpg

6276074E-8282-4204-BAB6-A23B1BB86CD8_zpspufwgy2d.jpg

D51A66A5-8058-4DD7-8505-C45FE412B245_zpsyzwhrucw.jpg

The days catch

15066E73-8DD0-4795-B091-424014F513A4_zpsihwazml2.jpg

What a fantastic finish to a great day in the islands!

B32351F3-7A94-46AB-B19D-0405C068DA50_zpsorupwskq.jpg

Got up early Monday and had lines in at a little before 7am with about an hour and half of falling tide left. Headed North to Isaac without a bite, much choppier and weedier but no love. Caught a bunch of nice yellow eyes and headed home in a sloppy, quartering following 2-4' sea.

141A0039-8589-428E-9DA2-CD1EBFD1F3A9_zpsr6qxyoyp.jpg

The wahoo must hate me, need to get back in "the circle of trust". The diving and DDing was excellent, Bluewater was great as always, almost half full, Big Game was maybe 1/4 full. Anytime over there is time well spent with good friends and family. Hope you enjoyed the trip, get over while you can, never know what the future will bring.

Replies

• alacrityalacrity Posts: 2,661 Captain
    thanks for the report Doug and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your family and you.

the reports have been disappointing,but it seems you still had a very enjoyable trip.

***THE GUY IN MY AVATAR IS BLAIR WICKSTROM***

• Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Reports have been all the fish are south, nothing by Isaacs. Great time anyway looks like!
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,833 Captain
    Hog Heaven! Nice work Dashers!

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Venture Ho!Venture Ho! Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Hey Doug, you were a day late. Saturday was the day for the wahoo bite :cool:
  • biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand

Great report, kids will always remember that. The bight was good Saturday and has slowed, neighbor has managed one each day. Bimini sands is sold out. I am convinced that when it is calm and a lot of boats around, the hoo wisen up.
  • testerman28testerman28 Posts: 1,329 Officer
    great trip good on ya..! they will remember that forever.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,355 Admiral

Story of my life........
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,303 Admin
    Those boys are spearin' fools! Another great trip and report.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,123 AG

Uh, this may call for photographic proof!

Nice job Doug! Did Leroy take the cuda?
  • the other tomthe other tom Posts: 121 Deckhand
    nice report Doug!
  • Venture Ho!Venture Ho! Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Gary M wrote: »
    Uh, this may call for photographic proof!

Ed had some wahoo steaks for you, but if all you want is a photo, here ya go :)
    Ed had some wahoo steaks for you, but if all you want is a photo, here ya go :)

Tasting some would be much more convincing! :banana
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 338 Deckhand
    Nice work!
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Nice queens as well!!!!!
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • BCSAILSBCSAILS Posts: 436 Deckhand
    Nice trip and catch guys! We had a great week working the bottom as well...Black Grouper, King, YT, Porgy, Strawberry, Huge Conch and my best Rainbow Runner ever!...May even do a mount for the house on this one!?
    BIM1_zps8a02c191.jpg
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    That sure is a beauty for sure:)
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
    BCSAILS wrote: »
    my best Rainbow Runner ever!...May even do a mount for the house on this one!?

Wow! Gorgeous fish! Awesome sahimi too! We caught one trolling right off the beach in Bimini and it was delicious!

I'll send you a PM on a great way to do a 'mount' that's far better than a plastic fish!