Suwannee 12/20

My wife and I fished Suwannee on Saturday for the first time in nearly two years. I decided to work some new areas and it ended up paying off. In four hours of fishing, we landed 8 slot redfish, 1 over slot, a bunch of rats and a dozen or so trout, with a few being small keepers. All fish were caught on topwater or jigheads. Hopefully the fish will still be around this weekend.

IMGP0495_zps5734a8be.jpg

IMGP0491_zps665d27a3.jpg

IMGP0500_zpse1a3f48c.jpg

IMGP0497_zpse1e1ce4e.jpg

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,162 AG
    So, was she the only one that caught fish or does she not know how to work the camera? :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 489 Deckhand
    I managed to catch several myself, but for about two of the four hours, she was catching fish on nearly every cast. I decided to play net boy and let her stay on top of the action. How are you doing these days? I need to make one of the bashes to catch up with all the old timers.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,162 AG
    JC_UF_ITK wrote: »
    I managed to catch several myself, but for about two of the four hours, she was catching fish on nearly every cast. I decided to play net boy and let her stay on top of the action. How are you doing these days? I need to make one of the bashes to catch up with all the old timers.

Much going on family wise. We have not made it out in some time, but hope this next year will be different. They are talking about a bash again, just not sure when or where yet. Can't remember the wife's name?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,936 Moderator
    This warm weather has the fish hungry it seems . Been awhile since I've fished there.

Trying to set up a bash for next month maybe.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,926 Captain
    I knew you'd get on them out there! Surprised you got them to chase down the topwaters, I haven't been throwing them, though it's my favorite way to catch them.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Nicely done Josh, great to see you posting again....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    that water looks a little too rough for Flash.......
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • reddawgreddawg Posts: 140 Deckhand
    Nice job on the fish, Josh. Nice pics as well. I hope they will still be around for a while. Merry Christmas.
  • Big Bend BrianBig Bend Brian Posts: 1,410 Officer
    Nice post Josh. Good to see your wifer out catching fish with you. I recall when you got married not too long ago.
    Life is good I see! Well done.
    Brian