Crystal River 12-26 Boat trouble, managed a Nice Red, Bass, and Drum

Just got a brand new 40lb trolling motor for pork chop so now all I need is a jackplate which should be here next week :grin Headed out to Crystal River with Megan and had boat troubles early when we left from ft island. Plus it was a little windy, motor would run but stall which was frustrating thinking it might be the oil because the light was blinking. Went back to the ramp then stopped for lunch while it warmed up because Megan was cold lol Fished the boat ramp by days inn and they said it's okay to fish if you ask first and pick up after yourself if anyone would like to know. Then I caught a nice bass on the way out using the trolling motor and in the river got a redfish then Megan picked up a black drum to make the trip more satisfying. Not a bad ending to a frustrating start. On a good note the motor ran surprisingly well at the end like nothing was wrong...:huh

Go Pro Video

http://youtu.be/51do3Eq95fQ

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,702 Moderator
    That is a nice red. That motor may have a low oil sensor that reduces RPM's causing the stall ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • FELLOW-SHIPFELLOW-SHIP Posts: 213 Deckhand
    Looks like a fun day to me. Life is good, all except your moter problems.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,779 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »
    That is a nice red. That motor may have a low oil sensor that reduces RPM's causing the stall ?

That's what I'm thinking also. If the warning was on, very well could be. By the way Bros, I'm Dockside with the big catamaran, jon boat, and toon, near the bridge. AKA as The Jimmy Buffet house... :banana
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 621 Officer
    DOCKSIDE wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking also. If the warning was on, very well could be. By the way Bros, I'm Dockside with the big catamaran, jon boat, and toon, near the bridge. AKA as The Jimmy Buffet house... :banana

You own that whole house??? I thought it was like a park or something. That's freakin awesome
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Justin that's a real nice red. You seem to find em out there. Im sure that 40 thrust will pull pork chop pretty well. How was the boat traffic? I'll be out the tomorrow.
    Biggary16 wrote: »
    Justin that's a real nice red. You seem to find em out there. Im sure that 40 thrust will pull pork chop pretty well. How was the boat traffic? I'll be out the tomorrow.

It was pretty busy actually but I was only in the river for 30 minutes lol
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,779 Captain
    Yea Buddy!! That red was a CHUNK!! How long did it turn out to be?? GO Megan w/ the keeper Drum!! Nice Bass also on the topwater Mang!! Love Da vidio'z as usual> Keep em comin!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
    Yea Buddy!! That red was a CHUNK!! How long did it turn out to be?? GO Megan w/ the keeper Drum!! Nice Bass also on the topwater Mang!! Love Da vidio'z as usual> Keep em comin!!

I can make small fish look huge with the go pro. It was just under 27" perfect tournament red can't get one any bigger. I'm amazed by the quality of these pictures because they are just screen shots from the video if you pay attention they are exactly what you see in the video.
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    Always enjoy the videos! Hoping to hit the river this week. Got the whole week off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat