Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Port Canaveral 12/19

Installed the Garmin 741xs and a new VHF this week and couldn't wait to try it out. Ramps were packed, had to park in overflow. 6 shrimp boats were heavily working the Bight. Sabiki'd livewell full and headed east. Pelican Flats was like rush hour traffic. Fish marking everywhere. I assume they were kings, because I couldn't get them to bite my chartreuse baited bucktail. Commercial, Charter, Party and Googans were everywhere, so proceeded further east to 120'. Sharpnose everywhere, proceeded further to 160. No bite, more shark. Decided to head back in to the north, found some Sea Bass in 80'. 2 keepers. Beats a Good Days Work. Saw the bad @$$ GARMIN fishing? boat coming in to ramps at 6pm, is there a tournament going on this weekend?

Replies

• PCTIMPCTIM Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Pelican looked like the mall with 60 boats all circling to find a parking (fishing) spot. Dr K, his Dad and the Z man were with me, we hooked and boated 1 king in the crowd at pelican, then another south of the carpet bombers on pelican and a third just north of high bar. Stopped, dropped Hi bar for some tasty bottom dwellers, most being of insufficient size, easy cruise in to the good folks at Scorpions Newport. During the ride in we ran over a couple of herds of what were either peanut dolphin or Spanish Macks. Yes, I know that they looking nothing alike, but 2 in the boat were arguing the issue and I did not have a first hand sighting sufficient to straighten out the knot. All in all a very good day, which for me is when we all make it back to the dock under our own power and nothing but fish got hooked. MERRY CHRISTMAS and tight lines to you all!
  • tryacctryacc Posts: 339 Deckhand
    gatorhook wrote: »
    In Saw the bad @$$ GARMIN fishing? boat coming in to ramps at 6pm, is there a tournament going on this weekend?

The boat is definitely local, seen it many times around Hwy520 (Cocoa Beach Area) and saw him tonight at the Merritt Island Christmas parade,,,some sound system on that sweet ride. Time to get the lights off mine and get out there!