Crystal River 12-18 with New Boat exploring and got some Snook, Redfish, and Bass

Went exploring in my new skiff in salt river which produced nothing. Drove through some pointless creeks. Then went back to the back up plan and caught a variety of fish at the boat ramp. So it seems I'm not getting very good use out of my new boat because I can't seem to find fish anywhere but the river or from the boat ramp where I don't even need a boat :huh Need some experience with some of you experienced creek fisherman because I don't even know where to start! I thought creeks would be warmer and the rocks would hold sheepshead or reds but there was NOTHING! River was 66 degrees and produced fish and there was nothing in the 58-61 degree creeks so I don't know where to go if the water is colder out there? :huh Anyways we made up for the day getting some snook, reds, black drum and some bass on topwater all at the boat ramp. The boat runs great. Needs to run a little shallower but I'm highly satisfied burning two gallons of gas on two full days of fishing!! :grin Most of yall have been getting tired of my boring music I'm sure so I may leave them unedited with natural sound depending on the responses I get.

Go Pro Video

http://youtu.be/Bb4A4aspL14

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Nope, don't get bored with the music. If a person don't like it they have a volume control...:grin
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Deep in the creeks after a warm spell can be good but any fish close to these warmer rivers go there.

I have in the past caught nice fish trolling the river if the grass isn't bad.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    Yep, sounds like when you're close to the river the fish are going to hole up there since the water is so much warmer.
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Good video. either way is good with the sound. That looked like fun cruising those little creeks. It's frustrating back there.. everwhere you look it looks fishy. The only thing i learned is look for where bars are around the mangroves.

Its funny you didnt even need to burn 2 gallons just fish the dock. And you almost got a dock slam.
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 621 Officer
    Biggary16 wrote: »
    Good video. either way is good with the sound. That looked like fun cruising those little creeks. It's frustrating back there.. everwhere you look it looks fishy. The only thing i learned is look for where bars are around the mangroves.

Its funny you didnt even need to burn 2 gallons just fish the dock. And you almost got a dock slam.

I burned 1 gallon per day. Went two days close to 50 miles to find out the fish are at the boat ramp both days!
  • CrabtrapCrabtrap Posts: 209 Deckhand
    I poked around in the Salt River today as well with the same luck as yourself. Earlier in the day I had fished Pea Pass and found reds with lock jaw. Perhaps I need to get closer the the warm spring as you did. Thanks for the report. Glad to see the new boat is putting you into some new places.
  • sammy2189sammy2189 Posts: 998 Officer
    nice work wish we had that kind of fishery in the bay here. how many hp is that motor? i had a 8hp before loved it.
    Hobie outback
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 621 Officer
    sammy2189 wrote: »
    nice work wish we had that kind of fishery in the bay here. how many hp is that motor? i had a 8hp before loved it.

15hp honda 4 stroke. Boat does 20mph with me and girlfriend and 17mph with me and Jake lol
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    Check out the fixed offset brackets from CMC or I think TH marine. You can get pretty much whatever you need. Also it will set the motor back a few inched. High up and farther back will be your friend. Those lil hondas are bullet proof!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat