Reds in the Creeks

Went out yesterday targeting Reds up the creeks with my micro skiff, which is able to fish in a foot of water when I ask her to. Caught 12 Reds half were keeper size, 2 were caught on Shrimp the rest were caught on padletail rubber.
Fun day, fished both sides of the high tide water temp was 58-60.

FellowShip

Replies

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,677 Captain
    There you go...snook one day and reds a few days later.

Way to go.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    Nice reds! Love that lil boat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat
  • FELLOW-SHIPFELLOW-SHIP Posts: 213 Deckhand
    Billy wrote: »
    There you go...snook one day and reds a few days later.

Way to go.

Bill

Thanks Billy as they say even blind monkeys find banners every once in a while.

Thanks just added a trollingmotor a couple weeks ago now thinking of leaving push poll at home.
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Nice! That boat should get back in there. I was out Monday morning and the temp was 55 everywhere. Maybe it's warming a little.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,677 Captain
    Thanks Billy as they say even blind monkeys find banners every once in a while.

I just ordered a new LT 25 Gheenoe so I'll try to get out with you before it comes in (8 to 10 weeks). Then I'll take you out in it.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
    Billy wrote: »
    I just ordered a new LT 25 Gheenoe so I'll try to get out with you before it comes in (8 to 10 weeks). Then I'll take you out in it.

Bill

Ha Billy it's funny I just looked up your boat A couple of days ago to compare it with my home built that looks a lot like it. Yours is 16' long and 56" beam midship mine is 16'4" long and 61" midship. The LT25 has tones of configuration which I built into my boat. Yours has a higher freeboard and a wider stern which I wish I had. You will love it for the type of fishing you like doing it's perfect for shallow water stand up fishing conditions of the big bend I especially love a 16 " shaft moter. Let me know when you want to go fishing I'm retired that means anytime you want.
    Fellowship
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Them boats are nice this time of year, good going on the Reds...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice report, love those Paddle Tail plastics.
  • WindsplitterWindsplitter Posts: 614 Officer
    Times two
  • SheepSheep Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    Nice boat. And good fishing. I have not had much luck the past couple of days. Your post and pictures make me want to get back out there. Thanks for posting.
  • wildbillocalawildbillocala Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Sweet