Home General Freshwater Fishing

Tsala Apopka lakes reports?

Are there any sites for reports for the lakes/canals there? Also are there any tackle stores in the area that specialize in fresh water?

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,176 Moderator
    Fish are schooling and averaging good size. The big box stores here have tackle. The few independent shops are mostly salt with some freshwater stuff. I fish all the pools so just ask.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?176208-Lake-Henderson-11-31-2014
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,424 Officer
    Thanks capt louie. We made an offer on a place in Hernando and if we get it I'll need some direction from someone local that keeps up with the fish. A couple of years ago I was up there somewhere and went to a tackle store that had lots of bass tackle but can't remember where.
    Cool. That pool has LOTS of water now. All the kicker trails and canals are full so it will be a good spawn this year all through the chain.

My bass club fishes all around here and there is plenty of waters to explore.
    There was a couple of shops that closed but it doesn't take a ton of tackle around here to catch them.

Good luck on the offer.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,424 Officer
    Thanks, we got the place. What is a kicker trail? I'm originally from CA and fished deep no grass lakes then moved to N GA and fish Lake Lanier 3-5 times a week so don't know what to do in a weedy shallow lake/canal. What would you recommend? I'm primarily a worm guy.
    Thanks, we got the place. What is a kicker trail? I'm originally from CA and fished deep no grass lakes then moved to N GA and fish Lake Lanier 3-5 times a week so don't know what to do in a weedy shallow lake/canal. What would you recommend? I'm primarily a worm guy.

Kicker trail is a depression/trail through the vegetation often made by repeated use of outboards. Back in the day that was how they were made. Now we have big weed harvesters that do it. With the water up you can run a LONG way from end to end there so you'll have plenty of water to explore.

Plastics are excellent there with flipping mats and heavy cover getting most of the big fish. It's a diverse body of water but not much of a crankbait habitat.

Let me know when you get situated and I would be glad to give you a tour.
    Congrats on getting the place.