Shark Fishing (BlacktipChallenge)

xr8dridexr8dride Posts: 11 Greenhorn
Hello,
A friend and I are coming down from Toronto, Canada and staying 3 months in beautiful Florida. It is not our first times down and we have done some limited shark fishing...the small guys, from both shore and piers. We are looking into hooking up with some of the bigger species this time around. For the first month (Jan) we will be in Ormond By The Sea, the last two months (Feb-March) we will be in Miami. Does anybody have any advice aside from equipment used?...for Canadian boys we are well equipped with big game saltwater gear.

Myself, I plan to enter the blacktip challenge this year for the first time. I'm going to be targeting sharks anyway so I may as well contribute my funds and efforts towards tagging and research.

Appreciate you reading this and taking time to leave any input. Thank You

Rob

Replies

• TCorlandoTCorlando Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Check out this forum if you haven't already: http://www.southfloridasharkclub.com/foro/
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Welcome to the forum!

You can scratch Ormond off in Jan. as it is too cold for sharks. The site mentioned above and tx-sharkfishing.com will tell you everything you need to know.

Make sure to follow up with a report of your catches.

Buona Fortuna
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • xr8dridexr8dride Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info guys..I'll definitely be sure to follow up.