Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Ga Tech's goal line fumble

I must have been looking at the wrong player because no one has mentioned it. In the view from behind the backfield, i saw somebody's knees hit the ground. I thought it was the ball carrier. Did anyone else see the same? Or was I just focused on the wrong player?

Replies

• haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,454 Captain
    I'm a Georgia fan, but, simple answer is that if he had been called down in any way (forward progress, etc) that call would have stood also. Maybe his knee was down, maybe he crossed the goalline, maybe it was a good call. There was no way to put all those pieces together from any of those camera angles. GT folks should just accept the gift and enjoy it for 364 days, give or take...

I will also say that I root for GT vs. anybody but UGA. I'm a Paul Johnson disciple and love triple option football as a coach myself. I hope GT beats the brakes off FSU but I doubt belly and veer will be enough vs. the Noles...
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Weirdest no call I've ever seen. Can't figure out what was going on. I thought in the original full speed play he was in, negating a fumble call.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I thought there were several calls that were questionable. That was one.

I thought he was in but at the very least, forward progress was stopped.

As for GT folk taking "the gift"? BS!. Our guys never gave up and played till the final whistle. We could have easily slacked off after the fumble by Thomas. We didn't. We played hard and won the game. Gift my butt.

Agreed, UGA had it run down their throats in the 2nd half...HARD
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,454 Captain
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    I thought there were several calls that were questionable. That was one.

I thought he was in but at the very least, forward progress was stopped.

As for GT folk taking "the gift"? BS!. Our guys never gave up and played till the final whistle. We could have easily slacked off after the fumble by Thomas. We didn't. We played hard and won the game. Gift my butt.

Georgia left 14 pts. on the field, 17 counting the blocked FG. Georgia players fumbled at the 1 yard line, certainly not by happenstance but also not because of anything special GT did. Which brings another missed call. Michel fumbled and the defenders momentum carried the ball into the EZ. Should have been GT ball at the 1. Georgia also couldn't punch it in from the 2 yard line. Now that was good D on GT part but were talking about points left on the field by uncharacteristic play and that's another 4. Even if you reverse the GT fumble and give em' a TD it wouldn't have been enough w/o the gifts. Whatever, GT won...
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    rather had taken the chance of kicking it deep\

worst throw of the year by mason

roll out to right NN

GT didn't quit - neither team did -

won some $

drank beer

built fire
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • cc13cc13 Posts: 548 Officer
    I cant help it. It is a personality disorder. I found myself pulling for Tech yesterday. Even when my brain tells me to pull for one team, my heart always wins and I end up rooting for the underdog. Unless it is Alabama, but I was born in Tuscaloosa, so that's different. For me, UGA is like looking at a pretty girl and nothing stirs. As much as I try, it just isn't there. Sorta like blondes and brunettes. I'm a brunette guy. Unless it's Ellen Barkin, in Big Easy or Sea of Love. That's different too!