Home Conservation Forums

The Sanctuary in Boca Raton

It's got a "private community" marker pole adjacent to a state installed slow speed marker pole. They are set going into the waterways around the development. It's patrolled by a guard. Are the waterways through and around the mangrove islands just past the "private community" marker off limits to fishing? Don't want to have a confrontation as there are lots of other places to fish but just curious about the law.
Thanks for any insight.

Replies

• BocaBocaBocaBoca Posts: 607 Officer
    Oh well, I tried.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,337 Moderator
    Obviously there's not much knowledge of the area you are writing about on the forum. Try calling the authorities in Boca
  • FWCSnookFWCSnook Posts: 886 Officer
    If it is a public waterway, there is jack **** they can do to stop you from fishing. If questioned by the security guard, ask for specifics. Remind them it is a crime to interfere with lawful fishing activity. I do know the area you are talking about.
  • bobert421bobert421 Posts: 400 Deckhand
    I'm not sure where in boca you are referring to. I think I've fished the entire intercoastal in boca and never had a problem. I would fish it.
  • FWCSnookFWCSnook Posts: 886 Officer
    I think its just north of the Spanish River bridge, IIRC.
  • no hoo for youno hoo for you Posts: 105 Deckhand
    I know the area well and fish it when we can't get outside. I have passed the Security guard in the boat and all they ever do is wave. I haven't seen the signs "no fishing" and have never been told to leave. I must add I have caught some nice Snook, tarpon, Jacks and Cudas back there.
  • BocaBocaBocaBoca Posts: 607 Officer
    Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. We are respectful of land, sea, property and people.
  • anejo22anejo22 Posts: 1,511 Officer
    That security guard is told to keep anyone that doesnt belong there out.... called fwc years ago when he gave us **** .it kinda went like this , hes got a job to do, and its not my first call about this.sometimes he not around good luck
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    I used to fish that area all the time for sheepshead, small black drum, and huge pin fish....pelican cove in Boynton/ ocean ridge is another one....just stay away from any parked boats near the docks and walls....if it's open space your generally ok....
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.