Need Marathon Advice

Hello my fellow sportsman. I plan on visiting Marathon for thanksgiving weekend with the family. Im bringing my kayak with me. I need advice on how and where to fish. I know that the Keys are completely different from where I'm used to fishing (North Florida). I will have to family with me and don't think I will have the time to hire a guide. My plan is to fish in the evenings until the sun sets. Any advise on where, how and what bait to use would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there the 27th through the 30th.
"Reel Minions"

Replies

• TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 955 Officer
    One of the best things to do is pick up a "Top Spots" chart for your area. They are sold just about all bait and tackle shops. They will show general locations, fish available and season availability.

Where are you staying in the Keys? There are some front side ocean flats throughout the keys and the bayside or close back-country would be other places to consider. If the ocean side is calm and you feel comfortable about a mile from land, Hawk's Channel's humps & bumps would be possible. Also, stop in and chat with your local bait and tackle shop. Spend a little money with them and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction. The Keys are 120 miles long and different throughout. Buy some live shrimp and you will catch fish. Good Luck.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,325 Captain
    nowhere!!!! its blowing 30kts, right now,
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • R_SaltR_Salt Posts: 184 Officer
    Thanks for the replies.
    "Reel Minions"