Need one night place to stay

Anyone know of a place I could stay one night in the lower keys (December 29th)? No hotels for less than a few hundred bucks and the last place on airbnb I booked but the deal fell through. I'm going on the yankee capts but don't want to drive 8 hours back home without a good nights sleep if I can help it. Please if any of y'all know a place or know someone willing to let me pitch a tent for a night can you tell me? Currently it looks like I'm gonna have to go all the way to homestead to keep things under 300 which is ridiculous for one night in my opinion. So if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brody

Replies

• TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 972 Officer
    Marathon should have some less expensive places. Try Blackfin Inn or the Royal Hawaiian. I just checked the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon and the internet says $135.00
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • XafXaf Posts: 1,050 Officer
    I'll be on that trip. Just curious if you have been on the Yankee Capts 3 day mutton marathon before? You should be able to get 4-5 hours sleep on the trip back to port. I've done this trip a number of times and drive 7 hours home afterward.
  • HumpinitHumpinit Posts: 199 Deckhand
    Stay at the Sugarloaf koa campground. You can pitch a tent or rent an rv.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,630 Captain
    yea, dec 26=redhot. tru any place in marathon NOT on the water. aslo big pine motel.
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • temptingtranquilitytemptingtranquility Posts: 265 Deckhand
    Thanks for the advice y'all, I definitely will check out marathon. I can't do KOA since I'm not 21 yet (already looked at them) and no I've never been on the yankee capts before. I've read that there's some good nappin on the way back but I just don't know if I'll be comfortable driving all the way back to Merritt Island. I did a trip like this with the Outta Control crew and was flat out exhausted afterwards so I'm just worried it won't be safe for me to drive 8 hours back home.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,630 Captain
    FALLING ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL AND DYING IS NOT WORTH IT- PAY MONEY, GET REST, AND LIVE TO ENJOY A LIFETIME OF OF FISHING. TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO ALMOST RAN ONTO THE CANAL ON THE TURNPIKE AT 1 AM AFTER FALLING ASLEEP- I'LL PAY $1,000/NITE TO AVOID THAT AGAIN! DONT BE A HIPPIE, PAY MONEY, EAT WELL, REST WELL, LIVE WELL. SORRY- I DO NOT ALLOW TENT CAMPING IN MY BACKYARD.
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Woah alright no worries, looking at places in homestead
  • XafXaf Posts: 1,050 Officer
    I'm driving back to Indialantic just south of you. I assume you take 95 to Ft Pierce then turnpike to Florida City/reverse on the way back. Getting back midday is just an awkward time of day for me. To awake to try and get some sleep.
    Getting out of the Keys is usually the worst part of the drive for me. Sometimes I pull in one of the rest areas on the turnpike and take a cat nap if I'm really tired. I don't kill myself at the rail like I did when I was younger. I try to get plenty of rest/sleep throughout the trip . What spot are you fishing? I'll look you up. XAF (BOB)
    That's what I'm going to do, we called a few places today and all of them said I had to be 21 to check in due to all the partying that time of year. I'm going to drive home same day and just nap at rest stops as needed. I think I'm fishing rail spot 4 but I might be 5, I can't remember