Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Ramp near Destin

I'm going to be in Destin some time next month and was wondering where to launch my 23 ft. boat. It's about a seven hour trip for me and I don't want to drag the boat there and then have no place to launch worth a darn.

Poppop

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,376 Admiral
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    Thanks for the tip.
  • PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    Thanks to the help I got on the forum, I decided to use Joes Bayou boat ramp and found the channel without running aground. That always worries me because I spent forty some years fishing Delaware Bay and the only spot I ever touched bottom was at the mouth of Cedar creek where it was three feet at low tide if you didn't turn right at the end of the jetty. We found some fish to tighten our lines on the first day and were looking forward to the second day when a brake line blew out on my van, I was lucky there was no traffic when it blew or we would have been dead. I got it fixed at D'Luxe Automotive for a reasonable price and they even stayed laet to fix it for me. That was all the time I had allocated to fishing but I'm looking forward to my next visit.
  • rhodestivarhodestiva Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    i think dewey destins has a ramp.