Tailing Red Video

E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
Not my best work, but I finally got a video of the take of a tailing red. It isn't until 2 minutes in the video FYI, so you can see it isn't always the first cast.

Fished with Capt. Joe Harley out of Matlacha.
[video=youtube_share;85A7nRIzDQ0]

Replies

• SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 671 Officer
    Very nice, strong fight.

:thumbsup
  • redheadredhead Posts: 120 Officer
    Great vid! Is that the Mangrove 7wt? How do you like it? I have been liking my 8wt and plan on picking up the 6 as well.
  • E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
    redhead wrote: »
    Great vid! Is that the Mangrove 7wt? How do you like it? I have been liking my 8wt and plan on picking up the 6 as well.

Thanks and yes it is a Mangrove 7wt. I love it! It is light and a pleasure to cast. It has become my favorite rod when I beat the mangroves blind casting. It is so light and doesn't wear you out. I tried an 8 wt the other day and it was sweet also, but I already have too many 8wts. I just bought a 10 wt but haven't really tried it yet.

Caught two more tailers today. Here is a video of one of them, but this is with a T&T 8 wt.
    [video=youtube_share;5ExcjYr3iuM]
  • redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer
    Nice job Dan!

I really like the Mangrove seven as well! I started out with a couple eights but then switched over to the sevens. It appears that you were throwing a spoon fly there? (Maybe Depre) I have had some decent luck with those too. When I was throwing the spoon I needed to use the eight because of the weight of the fly. I am sure you are a better caster than I.

Keep up the great work! We enjoy watching your videos.
  • E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
    Thanks, Jim. The first was caught on a Dupree spoon, the last two on chewed up EP style flies.
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    nice video and nice fish.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org