Home Politics

The Evolutionary model does not work.

13»

Replies

• Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    At least the Christian model dumped most of capital offenses in their mythology, suggesting the good book wasn't all the word of their god.

http://www.giveshare.org/BibleLaw/lawhandbook/10.html

What capital offenses are you referring to?
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    PP should have read the link.
    What capital offenses are you referring to?
  • Spineyman wrote: »
    I'm telling you that Gods Word is true and your half baked assumptions are hog wash.

:grin Those are men's words about God; words that have been copied and miscopied over many centuries so much so that there are dozens of versions available today.

As far as my "assumptions" , I have none about Christianity. I do have quite a few about those who claim to practice it though, which by their lack of scholarship in it, misinterpretation of scripture and public proclamations of disdain expressed for those who disagree with their rigidly wrong and hateful treatment of those who do is illustration enough of their fundamental academic, spiritual and social ignorance.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    If there is a god it would be able to tell the history of life on Earth w/o ever contradicting the Fossil & Geologic records.
    Spineyman wrote: »
    I'm telling you that Gods Word is true and your half baked assumptions are hog wash.

If there was a god it would be able to tell the story of the cosmos w/o ever contradicting astronomy & astrophysics.

Myths about Adam & Eve, Noah's Ark & Flood, and a flat disc of Earth at the center of the universe & under a celestial dome are the words of superstitious illiterate men.

Stories that rely on ghosts & magic are the "half baked assumptions" & "hog wash".
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,808 AG
    :grin Those are men's words about God; words that have been copied and miscopied over many centuries so much so that there are dozens of versions available today.
    Yep....
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • If there is a god it would be able to tell the history of life on Earth w/o ever contradicting the Fossil & Geologic records.

If there was a god it would be able to tell the story of the cosmos w/o ever contradicting astronomy & astrophysics.

Myths about Adam & Eve, Noah's Ark & Flood, and a flat disc of Earth at the center of the universe & under a celestial dome are the words of superstitious illiterate men.

This is very insightful and speaks to the desire of ancient men to understand the nature of their existence. Unfortunately they lacked the understanding and technology to observe the natural process, and explained it instead philosophically through legend and myth, which was the best that they could manage to do at the time.

Thankfully most of us understand the lack of sophistication these ancient people were operating under.

The crime that some still hold and practice is one of great ignorance in emulating those simplistic stories and repeating them as fact as they believe their spiritual philosophy demands, even when the people who are the custodians of the book they fanatically subscribe to explain that it is simply a story and not treaties on cosmology or natural history.

It is more of a crime that these very same fanatics insist on having this misunderstanding brought to the educational system as science and even more onerously incorporated in civil governance, threatening the education of future generations with reverting our society to a medieval model.

All of which is remarkably similar in purpose as the Islamic radicals propose in their concept of an ideal society.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    PP should have read the link.

I questioned a statement that you made, not some link.

Are you unable to support it?
    Presume you meant medieval model, NOT "midlevel model"?
    It is more of a crime that these very same fanatics insist on having this misunderstanding brought to the educational system as science and even more onerously incorporated in civil governance, threatening the education of future generations with reverting our society to a midlevel model.

All of which is remarkably similar in purpose as the Islamic radicals propose in their concept of an ideal society.

However, it's actually more of an Iron Age or even Bronze Age model. Either way, a very regressive model that "does not work".
    PP you're a silly little sausage.
    I questioned a statement that you made, not some link.

Are you unable to support it?

You should have "questioned" your ghosts & magic myth. Everyone here has been completely "unable to support it".
    All of the greatest, if not virtually all of the greatest modern technological advances have come from Judeo-Christian cultures. Acquiescence to a Holy God has only brought about blessing to those who practice it.
    PP you're a silly little sausage.
    You should have "questioned" your ghosts & magic myth. Everyone here has been completely "unable to support it".

For the moment, I would like to see you substantiate your statement, if at possible.
    For all time, you "substantiate your" ghosts & magic myths first.
    For the moment, I would like to see you substantiate your statement, if at possible.

Just an itty bitty little ghost w/o any extraordinary powers, or a simple parlor trick using magic that stands up to objective examination.

Nothing fancy.
    No, they haven't. Not "All" or "virtually all". Not by a wide margin.
    All of the greatest, if not virtually all of the greatest modern technological advances have come from Judeo-Christian cultures. Acquiescence to a Holy God has only brought about blessing to those who practice it.

"Acquiescence to a Holy God has only brought about" the ability to destroy the world more quickly & rationalizations to destroy nonbelievers in wholesale fashion.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG

Not really.
    No, they haven't. Not "All" or "virtually all". Not by a wide margin.
    "Acquiescence to a Holy God has only brought about" the ability to destroy the world more quickly & rationalizations to destroy nonbelievers in wholesale fashion.

In his quest to understand why liberals are always 180° out of sync concerning the more abstract truths and realities of life, Evan Sayet came upon this little golden nugget:

Once this connection is made, it is easier to understand why liberals reject common sense and rationale, in exchange for fantastical utopian wishfulness.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    heritage foundation a bunch of whitewing idiots
    Understanding the Fossil & Geologic Records is "common sense and rational".
    Once this connection is made, it is easier to understand why liberals reject common sense and rationale, in exchange for fantastical utopian wishfulness.

Accepting myths based on ghosts & magic w/o question or evidence is "fantastical utopian wishfulness".

Cult indoctrination can disconnect its hapless victims from reality & make it impossible for them to understand the difference between fact & fiction.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    PP ain't Morgan Freeman no more ;)
    Now PP is the 14 year old girl who got tore up by a free jumping Barracuda.
    greggl wrote: »
    PP ain't Morgan Freeman no more ;)