Thanksgiving on Sanibel

Every year we rent a condo at a different place in florida. This year is going to be at blind pass condominiums. We do not have a boat but are really experienced with wade fishing and fishing from bridges. We are going to give blind pass a shot any other place worth mentioning? All information is a huge help to us we just wanna catch some decent fish and maybe put a few in our cooler.

Replies

• nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    Blind Pass is a good place to catch fish, especially when the water really get moving in there. Since you will be on Sanibel and without a boat you can always go into the Ding Darling by foot or vehicle and you will see people fishing from shore in a lot of different areas. You could always rent a kayak and get into some deeper areas of the wildlife refuge.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    10099143.jpg?is=500,500
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • snook charmersnook charmer Posts: 337 Deckhand
    10099143.jpg?is=500,500

But does it work for No see ums. That's what eats me alive in the early mornings around Blind Pass :grin
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Yes. I have first hand experience at blind pass w/ no-see-ums.

Don't walk in the weeds near the bridge.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • nitelite08nitelite08 Posts: 302 Officer
    no-see-ums in blind pass can get pretty nasty depending on the time of day. Forum member Darcy and I fished the residential canals back there and the further in we went, the worse they got.
  • the flats guythe flats guy Posts: 310 Deckhand
    Thanks for the responses. I know very well from past south florida experiences that any skin showing is a bad idea. Is live and dead shrimp ok for blind pass? Im sure some pompano will be around