Hudson and Homosassa inshore and off 10/24/25/26

I headed down to Hudson for a long weekend with my new boat in tow to run it and hopefully catch a few fish. I'd intended on fishing at me leisure for a few days and having as many beers and naps as I could, but my friends talked me into fishing hard. On Friday I rolled in late since there was an early morning low tide anyway. I fished the grass flats and deeper canals looking for trout. I hooked one really nice one but he shook the hook. I hooked a jack too. After that I pushed out onto patchy grass flats despite a stiff north wind but would find no action out there. When the tide was high I pushed into a skinny creek and hooked a couple of ladyfish but nothing else seemed to be home. It was a slow day. We went back out that night to watch the sun set and hooked a flounder and a few catfish so we didn't get totally skunked I guess.

mLDL6E3l.jpg

hhqNzcjl.jpg

Saturday Kyle convinced me to come fishing with him in Homosassa so I made the trip back north to fish with him. We always joke that whenever I come to town it's cold, windy, or rainy, and that day was no different. The wind was again blowing good. We fished hard all day throwing dines, topwater, and spoon in deeper cuts inshore but all we had to show for it was one slot red and a 16 inch trout, both of which Kyle caught

Y3X8EKyl.jpg

We caught a few ladyfish, jacks, and lizardfish too. It was a pretty boring weekend inshore although the company was good. But fortunately Kyle and I had talked Doc into taking us out fishing offshore the next day, and I was able to shake the skunk off. The weather was great and the seas were flat making for an easy run out to about 30-35 feet. The action was steady with reds we couldn't keep. The gags were there but tough to winch out of the rocks. I managed to boat 5 of the 6 keeper gags that we brought home. We couldn't seem to catch our last two gags for a limit but we fished hard trying for it.

dNrS7a2l.jpg

AAvmXUDl.jpg

b4UjaWzl.jpg

Replies