Home Politics

40kg Of Cocaine Found On Mitch McConnell’s Father-In-Law’s Boat

chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
Author: Nathaniel Downes October 31, 2014 1:30 pm

James Chao, father of Mitch McConnell’s wife Elaine, has a lot of questions to answer after 40 kilograms of cocaine (about $6.7 million worth) was found on the Ping May, a ship owned by the Foremost Group, a company James Chao founded and led to a tidy fortune. But was that fortune built on honest movement of legitimate bulk trade goods, or has Mr. Chao been trading in less than legal goods?

The cocaine, found in 40 separate packages, was discovered during a routine inspection hidden among a load of coal bound for Europe from the port of Santa Marta, Columbia onboard the Ping May, one of 15 ships Foremost currently operates, with another 8 under construction. The final destination for the ship was to be the Netherlands, likely one of the port cities surrounding Amsterdam. It is known that the Ping May has been witnessed at the port of Zaanstad, one of these cities, in the past.

Foremost Group is the source of most of Senator McConnell’s fortune through gifts and inheritance from his in-laws. It is a shadowy corporation, utilizing a complex scheme of shell companies to skip out on millions in taxes annually.

They fly their ships under the flag of Liberia, a west African nation known for its lax labor protections, allowing Foremost the opportunity to exploit its ships’ workforce with little fear of recrimination. However, this status as an employer-friendly anti-labor nation also allowed western African nations, such as Liberia, to become one of the epicenters for drug smuggling through legitimate channels. By working to extract every red cent of profit at the cost of the laborers who make their fortunes possible, Foremost may have sewn the seeds of its own downfall.

It could be that some among the ships workforce, tired of being exploited, decided on being creative with their income. It could be that the drug cartels which dominate Columbia inserted the cocaine without any of the ships crew knowing. Or it could be that Mr. Chao is in league with the drug cartels, possibly for a very long time, and chose to fly under the Liberian flag for this very reason. We do not know.

It is most likely that Mr. Chao’s greed is the only crime for which he is guilty. By using this elaborate scheme to not only defraud the US government of owed taxes but to exploit his workforce, Mr. Chao may have made such a scenario a foregone conclusion. Now his company is under a microscope, the last place the very private man wanted it.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/31/mcconnell-cocaine/

I just hate it when this happens to me too.
Chubasco.jpg

Replies

• ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Are you going to hold every CEO of each U.S. Airline personally responsible when drugs are found on one of their planes?

As far as the ship's being Liberian registered, how many U.S. registered ships are in service worldwide today? Even the cruise ships whose home ports are in South Florida are not U.S. registered.

Nice failed attempt at a hatchet job by the author and you sucked it up just like a sucker fish sucks up a doughball from the bottom of a muddy creek.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk
    Deo Vindice
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    No...No...No...Chubs will NOT hold EVERY CEO responsible....
    Only those to whom he can draw some kind of connection to a Republican.
    Were this CEO Nancy Pelosi's Father-in-law and you posted this story...Chubs would be the FIRST on the scene to declare "NO CONNECTION".
    If this CEO were Obama's father-in-law, and you so much as DARED to breathe a word of this story..
    Chubs would be the FIRST to scream "RAAAaaaccccissssttt".

There are a lot of "Chubs" in the world. We merely need to ignore them, hope they go away and leave the world to the adults.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,673 Admiral
    chubasco wrote: »
    Author: Nathaniel Downes October 31, 2014 1:30 pm

James Chao, father of Mitch McConnell’s wife Elaine, has a lot of questions to answer after 40 kilograms of cocaine (about $6.7 million worth) was found on the Ping May, a ship owned by the Foremost Group, a company James Chao founded and led to a tidy fortune. But was that fortune built on honest movement of legitimate bulk trade goods, or has Mr. Chao been trading in less than legal goods?

The cocaine, found in 40 separate packages, was discovered during a routine inspection hidden among a load of coal bound for Europe from the port of Santa Marta, Columbia onboard the Ping May, one of 15 ships Foremost currently operates, with another 8 under construction. The final destination for the ship was to be the Netherlands, likely one of the port cities surrounding Amsterdam. It is known that the Ping May has been witnessed at the port of Zaanstad, one of these cities, in the past.

Foremost Group is the source of most of Senator McConnell’s fortune through gifts and inheritance from his in-laws. It is a shadowy corporation, utilizing a complex scheme of shell companies to skip out on millions in taxes annually.

They fly their ships under the flag of Liberia, a west African nation known for its lax labor protections, allowing Foremost the opportunity to exploit its ships’ workforce with little fear of recrimination. However, this status as an employer-friendly anti-labor nation also allowed western African nations, such as Liberia, to become one of the epicenters for drug smuggling through legitimate channels. By working to extract every red cent of profit at the cost of the laborers who make their fortunes possible, Foremost may have sewn the seeds of its own downfall.

It could be that some among the ships workforce, tired of being exploited, decided on being creative with their income. It could be that the drug cartels which dominate Columbia inserted the cocaine without any of the ships crew knowing. Or it could be that Mr. Chao is in league with the drug cartels, possibly for a very long time, and chose to fly under the Liberian flag for this very reason. We do not know.

It is most likely that Mr. Chao’s greed is the only crime for which he is guilty. By using this elaborate scheme to not only defraud the US government of owed taxes but to exploit his workforce, Mr. Chao may have made such a scenario a foregone conclusion. Now his company is under a microscope, the last place the very private man wanted it.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/31/mcconnell-cocaine/

I just hate it when this happens to me too.

Worked for the Kennedy's..................and your problem with that was??????
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    Chubs, you are pathetic
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    CatBox wrote: »
    Chubs, you are pathetic

Life must be very hard for you. You have my sympathy.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • CatBoxCatBox Posts: 3,709 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »
    Life must be very hard for you. You have my sympathy.

yet you are the one posting this tripe. BTW it looks like ol Mitch is going to win another one :rotflmao
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    CatBox wrote: »
    yet you are the one posting this tripe. BTW it looks like ol Mitch is going to win another one :rotflmao

How much would you care to wager or all you just all talk?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    MCALLEN, Texas — A developing federal investigation has brought up allegations that a Hidalgo County Commissioner paid for votes with bags of cocaine while other politicians paid for votes also with cash, cigarettes, marijuana and beer.

Court records obtained by Breitbart Texas from the arrest of two women accused of buying votes show that during the democratic primaries in 2012, a campaign manager for a Hidalgo County Commissioner who said that during the campaign, he bought $50 worth of cocaine, commonly known as an 8-ball and split it up in order to give it to the two women so they could use it to entice voters.
    Earlier this week Belinda Solis and Veronica Salazar went before U.S. Magistrate Judge Peter Ormsby who formally charged them with vote buying and set their bond at $10,000.
    The two women were part of a large year and a half long FBI investigation into election corruption in Hidalgo County.
    The investigation began in January 2013 when agents met with a campaign manager for a Hidalgo County Commissioner, who told the agents that he bought cocaine so his campaign workers could give it to the voters in exchange for their votes. The court records do not identify the commissioner by name; however they state that he ran during the 2012 primaries. The women were paid campaign workers, also known as politiqueras, who targeted low income areas and elderly individuals enticing them to vote for a particular candidate.
    Over the course of the investigation, agents met with the two women who told the agents that they had received the cocaine from the campaign manager who is only identified on court records as campaign worker 1 and then gave it to the voters. The women also told the agents that they gave cocaine to voters during the school board election in Donna ISD in addition to cash, beer, cigarettes, and marijuana.
    Political corruption primarily by democrats in South Texas has been exposed by federal agencies, shedding light into other cases of vote buying, contract rigging by school boards, bribery money laundering, and other criminal cases.
    Eight months ago, Donna ISD School board president Alfredo Lugo hanged himself after federal agents arrested another group of politiqueras for buying votes using cash, beer and cigarettes and the school board was mentioned.
    One of the public figures to be exposed in recent years is former Hidalgo County Sheriff, Lupe Trevino, who is preparing to serve a 5-year-prison term for taking money from a Mexican drug lord and depositing the cash into his campaign funds.
    In recent weeks, the former Mayor of Progreso, his father and his brother who ran the school board ended up getting sentenced for running a scheme where they controlled all of the contracts that the city and the school board gave out and demanding cash payments from anyone looking to do business with them.
    Politiquera Donna

google.com
    That whole areavalong the Mexican border is slowly being annexed by the drug cartels. It is a very poor rural area dominated by Hispanics who traditionally crossed back and forth freely across the border.

Being a poor agriculture area it has been very easy for the cartel money to influence all aspects of life along the border and they are involved in drug smuggling, human smuggling, as well as trafficking in young girls and women for purposes of prostitution. It is a dirty secret which isn't truly a secret but authorities up to and including the federal level look the other way.
    Deo Vindice
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Are you going to hold every CEO of each U.S. Airline personally responsible when drugs are found on one of their planes?

As far as the ship's being Liberian registered, how many U.S. registered ships are in service worldwide today? Even the cruise ships whose home ports are in South Florida are not U.S. registered.

Nice failed attempt at a hatchet job by the author and you sucked it up just like a sucker fish sucks up a doughball from the bottom of a muddy creek.

Interesting perspective you have PB. Considering you are holding the CEO of the USA responsible for every bad thing that happens in this country.
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,092 Captain
    Desperate people make ridiculous posts.

pathetic
    Interesting perspective you have PB. Considering you are holding the CEO of the USA responsible for every bad thing that happens in this country.

Interesting comments from a court jester. The President is far more than the CEO especially the Jester in Chief we have in the White House. What CEO of which airline sets the tone that it is acceptable to smuggle cocaine? Yet our Chief Jester (President) sets the tone that non adherence to established laws is acceptable by not enforcing the laws. He also has repeatedly said he will rule by fiat (executive orders) if the co equal branch of Congress does not do as he wishes. ACA is another example as he repeatedly violated the act by granting extensions and exemptions.

Again, you prove you are our court jester

Deo Vindice
    Interesting comments from a court jester. The President is far more than the CEO especially the Jester in Chief we have in the White House. What CEO of which airline sets the tone that it is acceptable to smuggle cocaine? Yet our Chief Jester (President) sets the tone that non adherence to established laws is acceptable by not enforcing the laws. He also has repeatedly said he will rule by fiat (executive orders) if the co equal branch of Congress does not do as he wishes. ACA is another example as he repeatedly violated the act by granting extensions and exemptions.

Again, you prove you are our court jester

Court Jester . . still about as original as your signature.
    Court Jester . . still about as original as your signature.
    You earned the title, wear it proudly.
    Deo Vindice
    You earned the title, wear it proudly.

Hardly, but then again I could care less about the opinion of a Texas racist who's sole job in life is to destroy the middle class.

Noticed you got rid of the tap talk signiture. Guess I hit a nerve.
    Hardly, but then again I could care less about the opinion of a Texas racist who's sole job in life is to destroy the middle class.

Noticed you got rid of the tap talk signiture. Guess I hit a nerve.

Thanks for noticing the signature is gone. Tapatalk updated and must have dropped it and I was unaware. Being proud of my long Southern heritage I will add it again. Thanks for the catch!

Deo Vindice
    Thanks for noticing the signature is gone. Tapatalk updated and must have dropped it and I was unaware. Being proud of my long Southern heritage I will add it again. Thanks for the catch!

More likely you figured out how to remove it, I busted you on it, and you re added it out of embarrassment.
    I looked at posts via a computer and my signature appears in all my posts.

Deo Vindice