Home Politics

DOD Orders Off-Duty Troops To Hide Their Military Identity In Public . . .

Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
"Unbelievable. Our military has to hide that they’re in the military on our own soil? Isn’t that giving terrorists the upper hand? Howzabout we put these Muslim stooges in internment camps instead?

Check this out…

Through our confidential contacts in U.S. Military Special Operations, ClashDaily.com has been provided a copy of an unclassified Department of Defense directive, USNORTHCOM Force Directive 1-295, which essentially orders our troops into hiding here in their own sovereign territory and in Canada, whenever they leave their duty stations.

The directive, issued a week ago in close coordination with our Canadian allies, describes in detail the recent deadly sequence of Islamic jihad attacks on Canadian military members in Ottawa and near Montreal. It also describes the ongoing threats announced by ISIS, commanding their jihadi sleepers and “lone wolves” to murder any and all Americans possible (especially military members and their dependents) here at home. The directive orders that all U.S. military personnel in North America who are in “public venues” or using commercial transportation are to refrain from wearing uniforms, insignias, or any other kind of identifying clothing or items which indicate their military affiliation, “unless complying with official travel instructions or other orders.”

http://patriotupdate.com/2014/10/dod-orders-duty-troops-hide-military-identity-public/

The rest of the story:

http://clashdaily.com/2014/10/breaking-dod-orders-duty-troops-hide-military-identity-public/

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 

Replies

• Don BDon B Posts: 857 Officer
    Don't want to offend any of them peace loving muslims, do we?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Any other sources other than "patriotupdate" or "clashdaily?"
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    i really don't like you...
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    "Unbelievable. Our military has to hide that they’re in the military on our own soil? Isn’t that giving terrorists the upper hand? Howzabout we put these Muslim stooges in internment camps instead?

Great plan. Which ones are they? What are their names? Where do they live? how much will it cost to intern them? Do we intern their children too? How long do we intern them? Where do we intern them?

I think we should assign the NSA the task of identifying and finding them....

Oh wait.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    There have been restrictions on wearing uniforms while off duty for years.
    Most bases/posts stopped using DOD decals on vehicles, you have to show personal ID.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Most bases/posts stopped using DOD decals on vehicles, you have to show personal ID.

Thank you for once again pointing out that NO PRECEDENCE IS BEING SET HERE GUYS.
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer

They still use decals on vehicles at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola. And you still have to show ID.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    nole76 wrote: »
    They still use decals on vehicles at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola. And you still have to show ID.

They're still issuing decals? The Navy went to 100% ID checks last year.
  • IncommunicadoIncommunicado Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Old news, in the Marines in the 1980's, I was on several bases both in and out of this country and was ordered to not "dress or act like an American" when off base. My dad , a Naval Aviator, was told the same numerous times in the 1940's and 1950's.
  • JigJig Posts: 108 Officer
    Old news, in the Marines in the 1980's, I was on several bases both in and out of this country and was ordered to not "dress or act like an American" when off base. My dad , a Naval Aviator, was told the same numerous times in the 1940's and 1950's.

Did they hand out wigs?
    Cause a high and tight kind of gives it away.
    Why are we always hearing about Social Security going broke soon, but we never hear about welfare going broke ever?

One group of people worked for their entitlement, the other didn't.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    This isn't a big deal at all. OPSEC anyone?
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    my father was an airforce officer...
    we lived in europe for more than 1/2 of his 22 years of service, mostly in spain but also a tour in france...
    all military personnel were instructed to wear their civies when of duty...
    he even had to change into civies in france just to drive home...

this was back in the 50's and 60's....
    i have no idea what the policy is now....

carry on.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,839 Captain
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Great plan. Which ones are they? What are their names? Where do they live? how much will it cost to intern them? Do we intern their children too? How long do we intern them? Where do we intern them?

I think we should assign the NSA the task of identifying and finding them....

Oh wait.
    When our president refuses to acknowledge that islam is the petri dish in which the jihad virus is being cultured, and insists that the "Islamic State" isn't islamic, why would the "moderate muslims" bother to help in culling out the extremists among them? And that is what should be happening. And if the "moderate muslims" even exist they're keeping their heads down just like our soldiers, out of fear of having them hacked off.
    If, in the name of diversity, multi-culturalism and tolerance, we refuse identify and celebrate the dominant culture of the U.S. and celebrate and encourage the things that make America special, and encourage immigrants to assimilate and adopt our culture, we are doomed. It's no surprise that disaffected and alienated young men from immigrant families in western countries are attracted to radical islam and jihad, which we apparently have a hard time identifying and condemning.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Throttle wrote: »
    we refuse identify and celebrate the dominant culture of the U.S. and celebrate and encourage the things that make America special

Like what?
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    greggl wrote: »
    Like what?

The simple fact that you either have to ask or are motivated to do so proves that we have surrendered much of what made the US special.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    fins4me wrote: »
    The simple fact that you either have to ask or are motivated to do so proves that we have surrendered much of what made the US special.

The Roman Empire collapsed when the value of 'roman citizenship' became ambiguous and historical rather than practical.
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,839 Captain
    Like what?
    Western civilization in general, which has been the most successful culture on the planet, but in America specifically, speaking English, appreciation of our founding principles and documents such as the freedoms from government guaranteed by the bill of rights and the principle of natural rights and the concept of government empowered by the consent of the governed, an appreciation for the rule of law and a government held to it, an appreciation for the concept of equal opportunity (not outcome) and rejection of aristocracy, and certainly you could think of some positives that distinguish America from the dictatorships and banana republics of the world yourself.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    The Roman Empire collapsed when the value of 'roman citizenship' became ambiguous and historical rather than practical.

The Roman Empire collapsed because it brought in through conquest or allowed so many immigrants into it's borders that it lost it's identity and ability to defend, define, promote and protect "what was Rome".

Sadly,,, it sounds familiar when viewed through todays prism.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    Like I said.. historical.

What about lately? For those living and working abroad, the choice to maintain US citizenship is extremly practical and relevant.

What are the benefits over other english speaking, western nations - say Canada, Australia, NZ or UK?