Home Politics

I FEEL GOOD! Just cast my votes . . .

Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
The most amazing thing was how many other people were at my early voting location this afternoon. There were about 24 portable voting stands and most were occupied.

Kudos to the Palm Beach County elections staff. This location was well organized staffed and kept things moving. I was in an out in less than 10 minutes.

Their computer checks of my ID and such compared later to votes counted also initially made me feel comfortable about double voting or other similar voter fraud issues.

We’ll see?

Now can relax on Tuesday . . . worrying only about waking up in time for the opening hour, and watching the results on their big screen TV!

:thumbsup

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 

Replies

• phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Thanks for voting.

I will vote next Tuesday morning, early, and in the semi-rural area that I live in, it usually only takes 10-20 minutes.

Being in a semi-rural area has some advantages. They let us vote as often as we want as long as we don't tie up the line too long. We can usually get in 20-30 votes each before the people behind us get antzy. :cool:
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    Do you know if you can change where you're registered to vote on sight if your bring your ID?
    FreeLiner wrote: »
    Do you know if you can change where you're registered to vote on sight if your bring your ID?

Maybe, but your ballot may become "provisional", i.e. not counted unless to break a tie..... maybe?
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    I knew that you would.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    Thanks for voting.

I will vote next Tuesday morning, early, and in the semi-rural area that I live in, it usually only takes 10-20 minutes.

Being in a semi-rural area has some advantages. They let us vote as often as we want as long as we don't tie up the line too long. We can usually get in 20-30 votes each before the people behind us get antzy. :cool:

Yeah! Sure! Right! Okay! Nice try!

I have have a lady friend who lives there, and been to Edgewater . . . and planning to move there in the future -- near or distant?

JEESH!

:nono

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    Baits Out wrote: »
    Yeah! Sure! Right! Okay! Nice try!

I have have a lady friend who lives there, and been to Edgewater . . . and planning to move there in the future -- near or distant?

JEESH!

:nono

You'll love the fishing here.