Speaking of mullet...dip

Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,269 Admiral
:grin

Within a day or two of Flash's thread a neighbor cast netting for bait netted a dozen nice sized mullet. He brought them over, still in the net, and dumped them on our dock. We love our good neighbor!!!

Mr gl and I cleaned them, eldest son smoked them...and I just finished making smoked mullet dip. Crackers and hot sauce completes the meal!!
I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

Replies

• sammy2189sammy2189 Posts: 998 Officer
    I'm gonna have to give mullet a try.
    Hobie outback
  • strangebrewskistrangebrewski Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    Do you have a recipe for the dip you would like to share? I am itching to go shoot some mullet now. Or maybe the picture says it all?
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,269 Admiral
    Do you have a recipe for the dip you would like to share? I am itching to go shoot some mullet now. Or maybe the picture says it all?

Yes, all the ingredients used are in the picture, most are 'to taste', and the mayo is the amount needed to get your preferred texture. I like it a little on the dry side to leave 'room' for a squeeze of lemon and dash of hot sauce. The onion and celery are finely chopped in equal amounts and should together equal one fourth to one third of the volume of fish - again that is to taste.

There are many other seafood seasonings that work well, too. Good luck!! :)
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,056 AG
    Looks good gl, I like to use a little cream cheese and fresh horseradish.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    That sounds good too, MM!! :)

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,069 AG

If you are lazy go to the store and see if you can find some Coburn farms French onion dip. We get it at save a lot and mix the smoked fish pieces in with the dip it turns out an excellent.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Toad31Toad31 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    We are gonna do a smoke mullet dip this weekend. It will be posted at http://flaofish.com/?page_id=10
    Right now our crab roll recipe is there.
    The crab roll recipe looks yummy!