Tin Shanty Eastpoint, Must find!

Wife and I stopped to get a trailer tire replaced at Ard's in Eastpoint she noticed the Tin Shanty across the street serving lunch and we thought those are the places that have the best food, after confirmation from the service guy at Ard's we wandered over while the guys at took care of the tire. (very quick and helpful BTW) we walk into this little funky tin roofed building not knowing what to expect and let me tell you I will never drive by again and not want to stop! ordered and strolled around the back to be greeted with a stunning view of the bay off the back porch and weren't sitting long enough to even get more than a picture or two and soak up the view when the waitress had brought us our meals! Well I can honestly say it was on of the thickest, juciest Hamburgers and probably, if not the best Grouper (real grouper) sandwiches I've ever had a (tiny) taste of and I say Tiny because the little lady devoured it :) the sides were incredible I had the most perfect fried okra I think I've eaten and Celeste had a unique and tasty parm garlic corn on the cob! I would HIGHLY recommend finding and STOPPING at this tiny restaurant on the water in Eastpoint!! I know we will in the future!! -CelestialCrab

Replies

• LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,737 Captain
    good deal
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 687 Officer
    When did you eat there. I found their FB page and it says they are closed for the winter as of end of September????

I would like to try it too while I am down there.

• trout069trout069 Posts: 4,718 Captain
    It is a shame that some folks have to close after the high season is done.the customer base hopefully is enough that maybe open friday and saturday?and as we all start rolling toward retirement and staying down there longer and more of us,enough business where the good eating places can stay open yearround.Have 2 friends who are putting rv's down and will be going pretty much every weekendduring winter or their family will.
  • ranamanranaman Posts: 319 Officer
    Guys we eat there Monday Lunch time, If they are open and we pass I bet you a dollar Celeste will make me stop! :wink
  • IndianLagoonIndianLagoon Posts: 1,851 Captain
    ranaman wrote: »
    Guys we eat there Monday Lunch time, If they are open and we pass I bet you a dollar Celeste will make me stop! :wink

Where's this place again? We're going down tomorrow and I'd love to try a new place.
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 687 Officer
    I will try to stop by this weekend too. Somebody tell them to update their Facebook page. I didn't notice the date was 2012 until now.

Old Tin Shanty
    September 22, 2012
    Closed for the winter. If you liked our food let us know. Thanks Ron

• bubbanorbubbanor Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Noticed the old tin shanty listed for sale for $109,900.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    bubbanor wrote: »
    Noticed the old tin shanty listed for sale for $109,900.

waterfront, for 109k - doubt it...

ranaman, I'm all over that kind of grub as more folks - why don't places just do it right from the get go if they are going to open a joint???

The Cantina in Valdosta was like what you mention - some folks just get it, few but yes they are out there...
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,243 Admiral
    It's tough for a restaurant to make it without "local regulars". Most folks in the area enjoy cooking and are good at it, therefore they don't frequent the restaurants as much. Different story hereabouts. We eat out or carryout 5 times a week for dinner. Wish I had time to cook and help the woman out but it just dosen't happen. Pizza Hut last night........... YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!! Grand kids love it though.
  • ranamanranaman Posts: 319 Officer
    sorry IndianLagoon its across from Ards Service Station in Eastpoint, just east of Lynn's seafood.
    Why would you say you doubt it is for sale at $109900. Google The Tin Shanty eastpoint Fl. All local realtors have it listed.
    Why would you say you doubt it is for sale at $109900. Google The Tin Shanty eastpoint Fl. All local realtors have it listed.

your right, looked it up and all I can say is that to me is a great location - the building could use some TLC (leaving the character), but for the asking and that view - heck, a hotdog stand should pay the note...and the Owner a tidy sum...

109k here won't buy you a fart in the wind, much less pristine water views of old school FL.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
    Was listed at $169,000 from March till September. Then dropped to $119,900. Must need to sell before holding over winter. It is very difficult to make money in the restaurant business with insurance and regulations.
    Was listed at $169,000 from March till September. Then dropped to $119,900. Must need to sell before holding over winter. It is very difficult to make money in the restaurant business with insurance and regulations.

More $ in grass