Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

I'm a Wuss - Need a Dentist

I hereby forfeit my man card. I am scared to death of dentists. Need one pretty soon (dang it!). Anybody know a good one that doesn't hurt you too bad?

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Amy McMahon at Deerwood Dental - by the Kagaroo gas station at the corner of Philips and Baymeadows.

She is really good, painless, and is a little hottie to boot!! :)

http://www.deerwooddentalgroup.com/

Dr. Amy McMahan graduated **** laude from the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry in 2001 while on a Naval Scholarship. After completing a General Practice Residency (an additional year of training in complex dental procedures in a hospital setting) at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, she completed her naval service at NAS Lemoore, CA. While serving her country, Dr. McMahan received distinguished service medals including a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, a National Defense Service Medal and a Meritorious Unit Commendation. She then practiced as a general dentist in Fairfax, VA for three years and most recently has practiced in Amelia Island and Jacksonville for the past six years.

DSCN4644.jpg
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • WhyWorkWhyWork Posts: 266 Deckhand
    What side of the river do you live in?

Dr. Cioffi, Orange Park 272-6244. Best Dentist I have ever been too.

Also the only dentist I have ever been too.

He raised me.

ok,ok, he is my father. BUT he is really good.
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    I'm a wuss about Dentists too.. at least I was for alot longer than I care to admit. I had the same question about 8 years ago and was recommended to Dr. Krantz over on San Jose. I have been going there regularly ever since then. I'm still a wuss but everyone there makes me really comfortable. Whatever you do, get going on it man I regret not going for so long. Get caught up and stick with it. I have to admit he's not as cute as McMahan there, but one of his partners is.
  • coastalcoastal Posts: 40 Deckhand
    Demere wrote: »
    I hereby forfeit my man card. I am scared to death of dentists. Need one pretty soon (dang it!). Anybody know a good one that doesn't hurt you too bad?

my wife works in the dental field this is the only place my family goes.

http://www.podviastanford.com/
  • MaverickMaverick Posts: 733 Officer
    Dr. Chris Williams

South 14th ave. in jax beach. Been goin there since I was a kid, whole family does. Go there still even though we live in Fernandina.
    Shut Up and Fish
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    I like going to my dentist off Hodges Blvd. She comes with my highest recommendations.

http://www.hodgescosmeticdental.calls.net/meet-the-doctor/
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com
  • pilingjunkypilingjunky Posts: 2,044 Officer
    Gargle some peroxide. You'll be fine.
  • Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,873 Captain
    Gargle some peroxide. You'll be fine.

Floss with 5-8 lb Pwer-Pro first if it's low on the tooth or use a 3/8 Jaw Jacker Jig to get rid of the black spots on top. Be sure to straighten the hook first or you could be hurting in the morning.
    Whiskey can help get the courage up pain down.:willynilly:idiot
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • pilingjunkypilingjunky Posts: 2,044 Officer
    And go barbless.
  • wally910wally910 Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Bob Gatling on Dunn Ave. big time fisherman/diver/hunter, great dentist and a great guy.
  • bchmanbchman Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Hey Menzies, you are right on! Dr Amy McMahan is by far the best dentist I have ever met! Besides being a hottie, she has a lot of compassion for her patients, always making sure they are comfortable with as little pain as possible. Her work is flawless!
  • Edgewater220Edgewater220 Posts: 488 Officer
    You can get dental work done half price at the dental school at UNF. You'll be a lab rat but all doctors only practice medicine anyways!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Edgewater 220IS (Dan)
    Mercury 250 Verado
    Minn Kota I-pilot
    2 Simrad NSS 9 evo 2
    1 Simrad NSS 7 evo2
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    bchman wrote: »
    Hey Menzies, you are right on! Dr Amy McMahan is by far the best dentist I have ever met! Besides being a hottie, she has a lot of compassion for her patients, always making sure they are comfortable with as little pain as possible. Her work is flawless!

OK, fess up. How long have you two been married? :wink
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.