Trailer storage

A camping area in Key Largo is $50 a night for 31 ft motor home, good price. Another $21 a night for dockage, no problem but another $21 for ramp and trailey storage... per day! So for 7 days thats $147 to use ramp twice and park trailer. Total $94 a day off season, seems kinda ridiculous to me.
Was thinking next yr maybe I'd like to stay a little closer which Key Largo is better than an hr closer than Knights Key in Marathon. We recently stayed 7 nights there, motorhome, dockage right at the motorhome, ramp and trailer storage. We arrived middle of night a day early, they allowed us to pull straight in a pull thru site plug in and sleep free. All this under $60 a night, far cry from $94.

Replies

• cameron sleepcameron sleep Posts: 521 Officer
    Check out the Jolly Roger travel park in Marathon. Mile marker 59.275
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,766 Captain
    kinda hoping for something in Largo, but I have wondered about Jolly Roger, thanks.
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    Try (KLK) key largo campground Ocean side I haven't been their for a few years but it wasn't a problem before or Calusa campground Bay side they are both condo type privately owned lots. At Calusa you can still rent some lots that don't have permanent units on them. ramp is free with rental of unit and most of the lots have room to park your trailers some of the available lot are water front also. They can accommodate up about a 33' Boat. or leave the motor home at home and rent the unit all ready on site.

http://www.calusacampground.com/
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\