Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

House drain cleaning company recommendations in Tallahassee

The kitchen drain is draining VERY slowly. The kitchen drain backs up when we run the clothes washer.
I tried flushing the roof vents, it didn't help.
Can ya'll give me a recommendation for a cost effective drain cleaning service in Tallahassee?
Thanks!

Replies

• DukesFinDukesFin Posts: 595 Officer
    Same problem here a month ago.

For under $100, Roto-Rooter came out and got the roots out of my drain. Gonna have to "really" fix it some day but for now, she drains QUICK!

Not Tally but a national chain!
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    pull the elbow... trap.... clean it out with the waterhose... done.
    God, save the South!
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    Yep, pull the elbow. If it's on a septic tank it probably flows into a separate gravel pit with the washing machine. The pipe outflow is probably stopped up there. I had that problem in Texas. I had to put a milk crate around the end of the pipe because the gravel was packing too tightly and not draining quickly enough.
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    plunge it with a plunger for a good temporary repair...
  • IAMIAM Posts: 234 Officer
    I am on city sewage, no septic.
    I was going to have Roto-rooter or mr. Rooter come out today.
    I tried plunging it somewhat, but it didn't do much to clear the drain path. I pulled the elbow and the outflow pipe was full of nasty water. Are you suggesting I try running the hose down the outflow pipe? If so, how could I seal the hose in the pipe so that it could build pressure?
    My only other thought is that maybe I could try buying a cheap plumbing snake and seeing if it can reach the clog from a drain in the house.
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    the clog is below the elbow so you can TRY snaking the line.....chances are your calling Mr.Rooter where he'll snake it from the cleanout,which is most likely happening it sounds..
    Yea, at this point I'm thinking I'll get them out here today if possible. I'm not sure who to get to do the job, but was thinking Roto-Rooter or Mr. Rooter (not sure if there is any cost/quality difference there).
    House was built 1984. Its a townhouse end unit, 4 total townhouses make up the structure.
    AFAIK, it has PVC drains.
    I'm not sure if it has AAV's because I'm not sure what those are. I'll google it an see if I have them.
    If the vent was clogged, I would think the hose water would have backed up in the vent and I would have seen it when I was flushing the vents. The drains are really really slow, so for a vent clog to do that I would think it would have filled up when I was flushing it.
    Got calls into Roto-Rooter and Mr. Rooter. Hoping to have things flowing well by the end of the day. Probably best to have the drain cleaned professionally as its never been done since I moved here 6 years ago, and I'm not sure when/if it was done prior to me moving in.
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    JWill plumbing 251-0481...great guy.
    I don't think I have AAV's judging by what they look like I've not seen one inmy house, attic or roof.
    Roto is on the way about 9am, I hope that takes care of things...
  • plumbbobplumbbob Posts: 791 Officer
    It sounds to me like. If only your kitchen sink is giving you a problem then, it's an isolated case. If you've taken the p-trap off and it's still draining slow then, it's usually the 90 at the base of the stack. Or maybe at the next fitting down the line. Being that it's a townhouse they'll probably pull the trap and run a snake down the drain from there. Either company will treat you right. Most plumbing co's clean drains as well.
    Ya, I just cleared out under the kitchen sink to give him access there.
    But it's not isolated, my clothing washer also does not drain.

I'll post up if this gets any more interesting. :/
    THANKS!
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,011 Captain
    Dont use roto rooter or mr rooter,
    call Plumbob from the forum 508-0634
    F the feds
    Drain is cleared, normalcy restored.
    I appreciate the help here!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,197 AG
    Now quit pouring grease down the drain!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    I caught my x wife pouring water based paint down the drain and washing out the paint containers and brushes in our kitchen sink...
    I think I've learned my lesson this time!
    Ya'll should've seen the excitement when the Roto guy unknowingly parked in my neighbors driveway this morning... I have an older, very grumpy man as a nieghbor on one side and he comes down the street on his way home in his car and can't park due to the Roto van, so he lays on the horn in the middle of road for 5 min until me and 6 other neighbors come outside to investigate the noise. It's at this point that he uses very eloquent, colorful words to express his anger towards me for not noticing the van was there and telling the Roto man to move it (I honestly didn't notice or I would have).
    People are crazy! Can't wait to move to a new house! :o
  • CynicalCynical Posts: 274 Deckhand
    plumbbob wrote: »
    It sounds to me like. If only your kitchen sink is giving you a problem then, it's an isolated case. If you've taken the p-trap off and it's still draining slow then, it's usually the 90 at the base of the stack. Or maybe at the next fitting down the line. Being that it's a townhouse they'll probably pull the trap and run a snake down the drain from there. Either company will treat you right. Most plumbing co's clean drains as well.

There is nothing wrong with telling a forum friend to call you if there is something you can help him with. I hope you speak up next time.:thumbsup
    It's all hunky dory
    I didn't see the post untill this morning and IAM had somebody already lined up.
    And by the way IAM, I met you a few years ago. You were renting a house on Colonial from George and Letitia.
    Hey plumbob, I had no idea! I just needed to get it fixed ASAP to stay true to my promise to the wifey to have it fixed by the end of the work day. Today's fix is the oven (which ironically decided to crap out the bake element on the same day the drain clogged up).
    Next time I will know for sure. I remember the old forum had a business thread. That was OK, but having a business exchange forum section would be pretty cool.

Living on Colonial?...I'm not sure that was me. I've lived in a few houses in Tally, but renting from George and Letitia doesn't ring a bell either.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    smoking weed will do that..... you forget to smoke it....
    God, save the South!
    I didn't inhale...