Venice / Mississippi Delta Experience?

Hey’all, I am headed to a convention in New Orleans w a fishing buddy in November & we’re planning to ditch it to chase reds/trout...most likely out of the Venice area but are open to any suggestions, recommendations, research websites etc anyone may have. If anyone has experience up there, guide’s etc they are willing to share it is appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    I will be heading up there 5 times this fall / winter to do more scouting, fishing, filming and taking photos.
    My plan is to advertise with my spring / summer clients to book with me in the fall / winter in LA.
    We are fishing out of Port Sulphur. Half way between Venice and NOLA.
    My recommendation is to take your time and look for fish carefully. a lot of time the fish will be lying low and will surface right behind the boat after you pass. once you spot a red do what it takes to **** them off with a fly. They will eat.
  • Colorado TroutbumColorado Troutbum Posts: 102 Officer
    Thanks Reel, I'm really looking forward to it, we'll be in NoLa for the weekend, then with my father in law at the armed forces retirement home in Biloxi-we intend to visit him often & will reach out next fall/winter and see where you are at with your plans.
    I know little about the area & just started at Venice cause it seems to get all the press, TV shows etc, read over the weekend how the fish/habitat moves north in the fall as the output from the Ms decreases & may take a look in areas north of there too. Thanks for the info.
  • Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    Thanks Reel, I'm really looking forward to it, we'll be in NoLa for the weekend, then with my father in law at the armed forces retirement home in Biloxi-we intend to visit him often & will reach out next fall/winter and see where you are at with your plans.
    I know little about the area & just started at Venice cause it seems to get all the press, TV shows etc, read over the weekend how the fish/habitat moves north in the fall as the output from the Ms decreases & may take a look in areas north of there too. Thanks for the info.

With all my friends in the area and all the research I have done going all the way out to venice is overkill. Biloxi has some of the best fishing in the world and if I were you I would try to fish around there.
    With all my friends in the area and all the research I have done going all the way out to venice is overkill. Biloxi has some of the best fishing in the world and if I were you I would try to fish around there.

Nice, good to know & will start looking in that area too.
  • Sage ManSage Man Posts: 195 Officer
    Hey Reel Agressive, when you say "Biloxi" do you mean Biloxi, Ms or the Biloxi Marsh?

TIA
  • BD27BD27 Posts: 1,179 Officer
    Check into Hackberry I have some friends that use them and love it
    Thanks BD27, will do.
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Reel Aggressive....you have a PM
    .......Rick