Home General Hunting

Phase 4 redraws are up

anyone win anything? skunked again in every section, 3 of us.. Gotta love this new system :grin

Replies

• Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Crap! I got skunked again. Was successful the very first round. Haven't got picked for one since.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • FlredbonesFlredbones Posts: 261 Officer
    Picked up a three lakes gen gun. Not to excited. But as I've said before. Better than getting skunked. There's been one area I've been trying to get since phase 1 that I still have yet to get an archery, ML, or GG for it. Not a big or popular area. It's annoying that I haven't been able to get a single permit for it.
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 829 Officer
    I LIKED the old System....expect to get blanked 100% now...time to dedicate my scouting time to a more open WMA in the future and hunt outa state..was GOOD while it lasted though :)
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    GRIZZL wrote: »
    I LIKED the old System....expect to get blanked 100% now...time to dedicate my scouting time to a more open WMA in the future and hunt outa state..was GOOD while it lasted though :)
    100% agree, it was GREAT while it lasted! I have some good hunts for this season that we were lucky enough to pick up while FCFS was still in place. its next season that I gotta worry about lol..
  • deerfootdeerfoot Posts: 493 Deckhand
    out of 11 of us sending in all 5 categories drew one Big Cypress new additions gun.New system isnt that great with the thousands applying for few permits.
  • BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    Goose Egg for Us!
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
  • ecueagleecueagle Posts: 478 Officer
    Flarn!
    is that not to be confused with "Filth!"
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    ecueagle wrote: »
    is that not to be confused with "Filth!"

lol yes, "Filth Flarn Filth!"
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    At this point I'm not even sure I want another permit. My permit-less status has caused me to do a lot of scouting at the local romp n stomp, and now it's like why bother with something else when I've already put in the time there.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,697 AG
    I bet some people like this new system...a lot!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • snowmansnowman Posts: 446 Officer
    Out of the 8 ppl i.put in weekly there has been 1 permit drew in the first random draw this new system def sucks especially with less n less permits left
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,925 Captain
    If no one is getting permits and you have 100% chance of not getting drawn where are all the permits going?
  • deerfootdeerfoot Posts: 493 Deckhand
    its not that people are not getting drawn but the few permits available compared now to the number of apps your chances are slim to draw one.
  • AgentXAgentX Posts: 584 Officer
    Nada
    The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare....
  • hunterzackhunterzack Posts: 180 Officer
    Reel Teal wrote: »
    If no one is getting permits and you have 100% chance of not getting drawn where are all the permits going?

There is such a HIGH volume of people applying that you have a better chance to win the lottery.. The only way i see this "Weekly random draw" to work is if they added preffrence points to the equation... you apply for the hunts you want and if you get picked your preference points go back to 0 even if you turn that hunt back in you don't get your points back. that way you will choose the hunt that you really want and everyone has a fair chance.. oh and the idea of making 1 choice per catogorie.. or maybe 5 overall choices.. there is just WAY to much volume for these weekly draws to have a chance
  • FlredbonesFlredbones Posts: 261 Officer
    hunterzack wrote: »
    There is such a HIGH volume of people applying that you have a better chance to win the lottery.. The only way i see this "Weekly random draw" to work is if they added preffrence points to the equation... you apply for the hunts you want and if you get picked your preference points go back to 0 even if you turn that hunt back in you don't get your points back. that way you will choose the hunt that you really want and everyone has a fair chance.. oh and the idea of making 1 choice per catogorie.. or maybe 5 overall choices.. there is just WAY to much volume for these weekly draws to have a chance

I second the re-draw pref point idea. If everybody started out with 0 IV pref points and per each week you apply you get one and once you draw a hunt you go back to 0 putting you behind the people who have yet to draw one. I hope something of this sort goes into action for next season. Too late to fix it this year.
    I bet you have an astronomically less chance of winning the lottery. I understand the issues that could improve the draw, I.e. only one choice for these later phases.

However it is working exactly the way a random draw works. Its distributing permits each week is it not? The only problem is that some of you on here think you should get picked every week.

If you complain long enough there will just be one issuance of permits and no redraws. Because the only way anyone is happy during a redraw is if they get picked. if you dont get picked it's the most unfair system ever invented. Every week its the same song and dance
    The only way I see this working is if everyone wins a permit during the redraw
  • evilman00evilman00 Posts: 265 Officer
    Skunked again and again and again
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    0 0 0
    You were the deaths of yourself
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Zero for me, again. Weak
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    My "unsuccessful list" is growing each and every week
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    GRIZZL wrote: »

I feel the exact same way, 100%. There's no accountability now; the system could be working properly, or it could be screwing up and not issuing all the permits - there's no way to tell. With FCFS we all knew when it screwed up and that's why they got all the complaints. I bet FWC thinks it's great now because they're getting far less complaints, but really that is a result of us not being able to tell what's going on behind the scenes. I called just to see what # I was drawn out of the hat, they couldn't even tell me that, said they don't keep track of it. Nice
  • Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    I got permits for archery two weeks in a row...then I got nothing. If your odds are better at winning the lottery I guess I should play. It may upset some of you that you aren't getting drawn, but atleast you can't say it's because someone else had an advantage over you. It's all random and fair.
  • lil_ronnie386lil_ronnie386 Posts: 204 Officer
    Nothing again. 0-3. They should only let you apply for one hunt each application, this 5 choice stuff is ridiculous
  • sknight88sknight88 Posts: 323 Officer
    I would like to see some numbers, that should be easy right? Ive tried every week for a family hunt. How many people could possibly be trying for this? Last year, one family plus mine showed up. And, how is it selected? Does Billy Bob just say, um this guy looks good? Sad part is I truly think these permits are going to peta, birdrs, horse people and in general people not hunting.
  • DUCKWHACKERDUCKWHACKER Posts: 342 Deckhand
    Well for once I get to puff out my chest and crow a little. My group of four guys drew 1 archery, 1 muzzleloader and 2 different hog hunts. Of course this is after applying every week of random.
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    I applied for 1 archery, 1 ML and 3 gun choices. I got the archery and the ML. That's 3 permits since going to random. Before I couldn't even log in. Now I'm scoring stuff I want almost weekly.
    %FCFS
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • If_it_flies_it_diesIf_it_flies_it_dies Posts: 1,133 Officer
    Nothing again. 0-3. They should only let you apply for one hunt each application, this 5 choice stuff is ridiculous

Exactly; I've applied for places I've never been, or applied for on FCFS. Just too many choices. Granted I would hunt them or return if I got them, but still not a one shot deal like FCFS. Should be one choice per season MAX, maybe even just 1 choice per week. Would be FAIR (so no one gets their panties in a twist) but would also increase your odds of getting what you truly want.